EFS suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dec0guy

Reaction score
Am thinking of getting a new suspension setup to raise the Nav and get a better ride.

Been to see a few shops and considering the EFS comfort package with a 40mm raise, new shocks, rear springs, shackles, and keeping the front torsion bars. Quoted price is $1400 including installation and wheel alignment.

Most feedback I can find is pretty good and interested in any experiences anyone has had with EFS suspension kits.

Thanks

Not a bad price. i think its normaly $1400 with the front torsion bars but not fitted.

better just to fix the rear springs and forget the rest. replace shocks when you need to.

Thought about that. Last time I was on some rutted tracks, the back bounced around way too much to be comfortable and the shocks are not controlling the bounce so am more interested in getting better quality shocks. And this was driving in first and second gear only!

For only a little extra can get new rear springs with the EFS kit as well. Most of my driving is with the tray mostly empty or with a 30kg load (ie taking the dog out, lol) and when we go camping might be lucky to have 400kg in there.

Ive just had Old Man Emu full suspension kit put into my 09 Navara d40. Compared to my old d40 this setup is amazing . No sinking feeling when i hit the brakes now , much less roll around corners, and all round a better feel on the road. Worth the $1700 installed.
cheers

Thought about that. Last time I was on some rutted tracks, the back bounced around way too much to be comfortable and the shocks are not controlling the bounce so am more interested in getting better quality shocks. And this was driving in first and second gear only!

For only a little extra can get new rear springs with the EFS kit as well. Most of my driving is with the tray mostly empty or with a 30kg load (ie taking the dog out, lol) and when we go camping might be lucky to have 400kg in there.

your shocks may be half stuffed allready ! i hear they don't last long.

main thing here is you don't need new front torsions or extended shackles.
we found the extra leaf made the ride (even when empty) so much more comfortable.
i think add a leaf kits are advailable off the shelf now or for a bit more $$ change the whole rear spring pack.

i understand extended shackles can cause standard springs to sag faster (no idea why). you don't really need them unless you want over 3" lift.

Ive fiited EFS all round including shocks, bars and springs,
lifted the rear 50mm then wound the front up to match, My truck is fully loaded all the time (Gross is 2950kg) and no drop in height, I have fitted Poly air bags to help with the weight, EFS will design the spring to suit your type of driving and load well at least they did 2 yrs ago when I got mine.
New bars help remove the soft front end and no front problems.
my ride comfort is tops now.
Cheers David

i have efs shock all round and there great they have survied the cape and about 5 or 6 trip's to cruiser park.

dont touch old man emu, there was a guy up the cape his shock where 4 week's old and completely stuffed.

what did foubies charge ya? 1400???
i've been there while other people got suspension quote's i laughed when he said the price.
fourbys are a good tyre dealer, if you can get talking to ryano he might do ya a good deal. the boss wont.

what did foubies charge ya? 1400???
i've been there while other people got suspension quote's i laughed when he said the price.
fourbys are a good tyre dealer, if you can get talking to ryano he might do ya a good deal. the boss wont.

Got a few quotes and they were all pretty much the same, went with Fourbys cause it was easier to get to work from there and no complaints about their service.

Bit late now.
Should've rung me supsension fitted while you waited 2.5 hrs in the evening & less than $1400
Cheers

Last edited:
Bit late now.
Should've rung me supsension fitted while you waited 2.5 hrs in the evening & less than $1400
Cheers

Zordo,

How long to fit to a D40? What price for EFS kit? Do u do bilsteins and king springs?

Cheers,

Zordo, give me the rundown too. Im going to get an EFS kit soon.

Where are you in Brisbane? Do you work at a suspension fitter? When you say in the evening do you mean at your house?

Zordo, give me the rundown too. Im going to get an EFS kit soon.

Where are you in Brisbane? Do you work at a suspension fitter? When you say in the evening do you mean at your house?

I agree, not much information for us to go on there Zordo if you were trying to help us.

i'd look at dobinsons also. i couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the springs and shocks. I've seen EFS and i prefer the dobi's.

Latest posts

Back