Ecutalk

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumpig

Reaction score
I bought an Ecutalk cable recently, $100, download the software, free, and gave it a go.It gives real time readings for heaps of sensors on the ZD30 and shows and clears fault codes as well. You can pick which gauges to display or there is a LCD display you can get to mount on the dash. Should come in handy come problem solving time. There are 2 types of connector plugs for ZD30s or bluetooth for newer cars.

http://www.ecutalk.com/interface.aspx

Check the website if interested.

Attachments

• ecutalk zd30.jpg
    ecutalk zd30.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 339
that seems pritty good.

thats pic u have is that off a gauge mounted in the car or in a computer?

The pics of a laptop i had connected in the car. I was suprised at how many things it reads considering there's only 5 or 6 wires that come of the plug.You can chose which gauges it shows just by unticking the boxes in the menu.
I wrote down all the values cold and at running temp so if anything goes wrong i've got a base line to try and work out whats wrong. Makes the dealer the last resort.

Does anyone know if you can use a Bluetooth obd sender with ecutalk? I emailed peter today about it, i also asked about using a windows 8 tablet with the software. thought it would be cool to set up a bracket of sorts to hold the tablet so i can use it as a car computer, as well as a diagnostic, (ecutalk and web access to this site!) tool. but set ut up so i only have to remove the power supply plug and un-clip it from the bracket and so i can put it out of sight. If Peter gets back to me i'll put his reply here as well.

what price will they do for a group buy?

i might be interested.

he emailed me back this morning, he said he doesn't know of a Bluetooth adapter that will work with this program, but it will run on windows 8.

i'm keen on getting a cable soon so i'd be keen for the group buy.

Could probably be done but only by a 12 year old, way over my head.

as far as i understand, its not an app for a smart phone, ios or android. if you have a windows based pda or tablet you could use that. The bloke said he hasn't set it up to be used with a Bluetooth device so he doubts it will work atm.

I've been using the ecutalk lately and noticed that while driving at 100kmh with the cruise control on, the tacho was reading just under 2750 rpm ( i'd call it 2700 ) but the ecutalk showed rpm for the motor and the injector pump at 2400rpm - 300 different. Anyone else with ecutalk noticed this? Nissan must build a fudge factor into the factory tacho.

Just like the speedo, the tacho is just an electromagnet with a needle on it pushing against a spring. The higher the voltage applied, the further the deflection. It means that it's not 100% accurate (just like our speedos). If you check your vehicle's speed according to the ECU (and if you have standard sized tyres) you'll find that in spite of what your needle is pointing to, your ECU actually has a very good idea of how fast you're actually going.

I can understand the speedo being out, people use to try to get out of speeding tickets which is why all speedos read high, but why would you do it on the tacho when its so easy to get an accurate reading?

Hey Rumpig,

with your ECUTALK, have you taken notice what your throttle position sensor range is? i just noticed on mine that it only reads from around .4 through to 4.02 full throttle.

I did meter the throttle out a few months ago and it was showing from around .4 through to 4.7 or so. Going to check it again with the meter tomorrow but i just wanted to confirm with somebody else that is using ECUTALK to see what readings they get.

Cheers!

Looking at a data log, most i've got is 4.04v. The manual say it can be between 3.48 and 4.64. I suppose that leaves room for calibration of the TPS.

Attachments

• ecutalk1.jpg
    ecutalk1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 46
  • tps volts.jpg
    tps volts.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 39
No Worries. Have you noticed a difference in revs between the tacho and what ecutalk reads?

Latest posts

Back