Ebay turbo info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
Hey lads just thought id give a bit of info on the ebay turbo from injectors express for zd30.the main reason for the thread i will get onto last, first up though, service over the phone was pretty good, postage very quick. Now its not all the sellers fault but the turbo was slightly damaged because it wasnt all that well packed, slightly bent actuator arm,gaskets also bent.

However main reason for damage was poor handeling from the couriour. Now the main reason for the thread is to let everyone know that there is a fault in the turbo which i would say is in all of them as Lawry had the same problem, so the best way i can explain it is that the wastegate is being streched so requiring more boost to work which is not good.

So to fix it you put spacer washes inbetween the wastegates mounting plate and the turbo body-for better explenation go to the thread "help replacing turbo". When bolts removed my wastegate was sitting 5mm from the turbo body when holding inline with bolt holes,this resulted in my turbo running at 20 psi, my ute was stuck at my mechanic getting injectors done so i got them to do the turbo aswell as i didnt want to drive anymore with the turbo the way it was (10mm of movement) and i couldnt get the car trailer i was going to borrow.

I told the mechanic how to fix it and he put 4 spacer washes in which brang it down to 16 and a half psi. He called me at this point to ask if i wanted them to keep adjusting to 15 but i didnt want to pay for more labour, so just to give you a bit of an idea for adjustment i would say 5 washes.

I would say this is the reason some people have problems with ebay turbos (they are running to high psi and shortening there life)
question for somebody who knows about turbos as i dont is 16 and a half too much for a zd30???

To much for a ebay turbo for that matter??

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers Craig.

Mine will hit 18psi with the foot to the floor just about.

Cant comment on the Ebay turbo's though.

Mine is still the original factory turbo.

Edited your post to, makes it heaps easier to read.

I've had my factory turbo at 20 psi but went back to 18 because i didn't have enough fuel to match that much boost.

Gotta try a lift pump.

cheers for fixing it up dave,english was never my thing haha.judging by what you guys have said i think ill leave it at 16 and a half and see how she goes.whats a lift pump rumpig?

HA i cant believe you have the same problem craig.
As i said its an easy fix. I was running 4 washers and mine sat on around 16 flat out up to 4000+ then it starts to loose boost pressure. Either standard fuel mapping or turbo that the cause. (don't care, common- see if the chip will change that).

Because of this chip coming up (chip it) they said boost is altered- aka- increased. So ive added a 5th washer and dropped it back to standard boost- 15 Max so i can gauge what the difference is with the chip.

When i rang them, they seemed surprised.... either that or a good poker face.
Best to ring them up and let them no as well. Tell them to pull there finger out.

My advice is add the 5th washer. Very easy to do, as im not sure of the quality of the turbo. Best not to stress them to much, at the start atleast.
If your happy with it a few months down the track just take one out.

Cheers Matt

Last edited:
A lift pump is just an electric fuel pump to help keep fuel pressure up to the engines injector pump when you put your foot to the floor.

Navaras dont have in tank fuel pumps so the injector pump has to suck fuel all the way from the fuel tank.

Matt-Haha yea,didnt have the time to send it back but its prety piss poor.Its a very easy fix so didnt bother me much but i pay for something specific to my car i expect it to fit and the packaging was prety crap,it only had one layer of buble wrap and put in a box to big,the inside of the box looked like it had been put through a washing machine,ill be calling them this week.
will be interesting to see what the chip does.
im doing a few mods (catch can,egr,air box and dual batt) this week so i think ill add the 5th washer in then.will be interesting how long the turbo lasts.
Thanks for your help mate,much appreciated

Rumpig-intresting,might look into it.

Hi guy's

i brought 1 of those ebay turbo's for zd30 for $650 and havn't had a problem, running about 15 1/2 psi, was fitted at about 160,000 k's and truck has now done 215,000 k's and no signs of drama.

Aw that's good to hear!
At least the turbo unit itself seems to be in order. Must have got a batch of poorly designed actuator handles.

That is good to hear!!!!!
wasnt sure about them especially after the adjustment issue.
Guess me and Matt got unlucky haha,it was an easy fix so it doesnt bother me as long as the actual turbo goes as good as yours has.

Latest posts

Back