Dtuk tuning module

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The unit cost me 320 pound including Fedex delivery. All up it cost approx $617 Aust dollars. Maybe others got it cheaper?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, first post, please forgive me for my future sins.I have been watching with interest for a while now and thought I should share my thoughts on the dtuk module.I initially had a full unichip deal installed (chip, injector drive and map switch) which was fantastic except for a couple of niggles. A rough ,trembling idle, and the propensity for the thing to hesitate at the stab of the throttle (not good at an intersection).Anyway, long /short, the unichip was eventually removed and after much trepidation I gave some bloke in Britain my money and the dtuk module and pedal box duly arrived. An easy DIY install and after a couple of weeks of experimenting with different maps I can honestly say that I am absolutely stoked with the result. Without actually putting it on the dyno I reckon that the seat of the pants feel is that the dtuk is very close to the unichip (dyno at just over 130rwkw) at about a quarter the price. I am currently running tune 3+1 with no smoke and beautiful, torquey power delivery. Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth, hope it helps.

Was this some time ago? There has been a solution for this known issue for a while now among unichip distributors.

Fuel pressure chips when combined with timing and boost will always give economy gains when the vehicle is driven in the right manor and correctly tuned.

An injector chip can potentially save fuel, but it is very hit and miss.

G'day,

What model, engine, trans and year? DPF? What setting are you running on the pedal box?

I suspect the Unichip unit is also a DTE but the model with 3d mapping. Any ideas?

Unichip is actually unique and basically every other 'chip' on the market has copied them in one way or another over the years.
Difference is unichip continues to evolve every month more features are added, all the other chips have static or non existent development programs unless it is to design the injector plug for a new vehicle.

The product has now been around for almost 40 years, I cant think of any many other brands that has been around even 1/4 of that time to be honest.

Hi, this all happened just prior to Christmas, I wasn't keen on going away towing a van with the family and having engine dramas so although Andrew at diesel tech did his utmost to fix the issues, time just ran out and the unichip was removed. He was going to talk to unichip after Christmas to try to get to the bottom of it all but I have since put the dtuk module in, which I am happy with at this stage so I haven't spoken to Andy about it since then.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone has had their vehicle on a dyno with this chip in order to confirm the claims made. I have a diesel power module on my ST-X 550, and to be honest, I am a little dissapointed with it compared to the cost ($900) for an increase of 10kW. Mind you, I have seen an impovement in fuel economy measured in tank to tank against distance (the detail are on my work computer so I can't post at the minute).

My dyno from an independant shop is attached.

Attachments

• Navara Dyno Diesel Power Module.jpg
    Navara Dyno Diesel Power Module.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 92
Come on guys, get a dtuk chipped d40 on a dyno!
It'd cost bugga all for two power runs & you get to see exactly what & where the gains are made.

I'be had my DTUK chip in for about 2 months and finally did a big run down to the snow during the week. 4 people in the car, tray loaded with gear driving up to bullocks flats 3 times and back to Sydney 970km round trip and averaged 8.1 according to the cars own calculations.
It definitely has more power and the fuel economy is slightly better than last years trip.
It's a 2011 stx with a 3 inch exhaust.

The problem is that there are so many settings I reckon you could spend hours on the dyno nutting out which one is best for your application.

It would be interesting though.

it does seem as though most of you guys have worked out what feels the like a good tune with a bit of trial & error.
Most performance shops have dyno days where you can rock up pay $50 & get a couple of power runs. At least you'd have an idea on what your setting has done, without the big costs of hours fine tuning on it.

Latest posts

Back