DPF Filters removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyd40

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has used a DPF delete kit on a D40 yet? wondering how much improvement to fuel consumption they are getting.
I have a 2010 D40 ST using 13.5l/100km with a 3inch exhaust and Roo Systems chip. goes well, but sucks the juice.
I am told this can make a significant improvement.

Haven't really taken much notice of the DPF delete threads myself because they don't concern me but I know there has been a few in the past (try searching) however it seems that there are a number of people on here talking big about the Chipit system for DPF removal. read the relevant threads and make up your own mind I'm sure they aren't the only ones that can do it.

Have you tried reseting the ECU and Fuel pump?
Like you I was getting poor fuel consumption before the reset (16.3MPG), now I am getting 24MPG after the reset.
Do a search for "ECU reset" in the forum for detail information

Jimmy, I'm not sure the 2010 ST (which is a Thai build - VIN starts with 'M') has a DPF in it. The Euro spec 2009 models (Spanish built, VIN starts with 'VSK') vehicles have the DPFs and I think some of the 2010 Spanish ones had the DPF as well, but they dropped the DPF when they went to the 140kW engine.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they slipped one in.

When you first turn on the ignition, there should be a light in the middle at the bottom of the display that looks like a cloud with three lines coming off it, this is the DPF warning light. I don't think the ECU would light that up if the DPF wasn't installed.

If you have a DPF, then have a chat to Robert at ChipIt (he frequently visits this forum). I will be buying a DPF Delete Pipe from these guys (although I want to work out some pressure sensor issues first).

As linked points out, an ECU reset might be a good first step. It's very simple, but quite important that you follow the steps closely. Here they are again:

1) Unload the vehicle so it's as light as possible.
2) Write down the trip meter value in case you use it for recording fuel usage stats
3) Remove the battery negative lead
4) Press the brake pedal for a couple of seconds OR try turning on the ignition
5) Reconnect the battery negative lead
6) Take the vehicle for a gentle run, accelerating very lightly up to 80-90km/h, no more than 2500rpm at any stage
7) Drive like that for a few minutes then stop, turn off the ignition, job complete.

Your vehicle will have learned a lighter fuel mapping. Driving the vehicle hard (accelerating by revving out over 2500rpm) or using full accelerator a lot will "adjust" the fuel map towards the richer, heavier fuel usage again.

Latest posts

Back