dimmer circuit for gauge install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissan_510

Reaction score
Gday Fellas, about to install a redarc egt guage and it asks to connect to a dash light that dims via the vehicle dimmer (negative)
see instructions here
http://www.redarc.com.au/images/uploads/images/G52-EB_Instruction_Manual.pdf

im wondering before I go ripping my dash out if anyone has a wiring diagram or knows where to connect to? also is the dimmer in the nav pos or neg?
I have a 550, the clusters are different but not sure that will make a difference.
cheers.

I've had a bit of a look through the manual and it looks like the BCM is responsible for the control.

Regardless, it might pay to try and tap in to one of the lights in the centre console for 4WD control or such. A multimeter will tell you which way they're oriented (positive/negative).

thanks for the reply tony,
im wondering if any one has fitted one of these gauges yet? and how well do they dim? because they offer an optional lighting controller aswell, I have no problems getting this but would like to know if its actually needed or not?

I had these gauges in my GU with the optional lighting controller. They do dim well but I found when I got down really low they would start to flicker. From memory in the GU the lighting controller was needed, can't remeber the reasoning now tho.

I will be putting them in my 550 soon enough also.

thanks for the reply tony,

im wondering if any one has fitted one of these gauges yet? and how well do they dim? because they offer an optional lighting controller aswell, I have no problems getting this but would like to know if its actually needed or not?

I put one in my D22 but could never get it to dim after speaking with red arc decided I needed the positive dimming controller but just haven't gotten around to ordering it.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back