Default boost values with torque app

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byobr

Reaction score
Hello everyone

i recently bought a navara le 2009 aut, and i'm trying to investigate some problems i'm having (poor fuel comsuption and lack of power) and i'm now looking at the boost through the torque app.

The question is, is there any correct way to measure with the car at idle? Or running?

Currently, going full throttle with the car running, I'm getting 16-18psi (at full), saw some people saying they're getting 20-22psi at 2500RPM.

Any help I appreciate it! Thanks

I'm surprised nobody grabbed this one.

At idle your turbo shouldn't be doing a lot anyway, there's simply no need to develop boost to make the thing tick over (boost is for power, basically).

A peak of 16-18psi means you're probably losing a small amount of boost somewhere. If you do NOT have a catch can, this is easy to find - go over the entire air path from the turbo outlet to the intake manifold and look for black oily emissions.

You might also have a slight vacuum leak, either the hose that comes across the top of the engine to the BCS or the hose from the BCS to the actuator. 3mm inside diameter, Supercheap sell 3metres of it in a packet of blue hose and that's perfect to replace the whole vac system.

Ideally you want the peak boost to be somewhere around the 22psi mark.

Latest posts

Back