db73

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db73

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Dave from Clontarf in Queensland.

I just recently bought a 2007 D40 2.5 Auto.

It's in very good condition and stock standard. The previous owner was anally retentive. Would always park two spots away from people. He was that bloke at Eli creek at Fraser with the bucket splashing his car with fresh water. It's at testimate to him though. The cars in great nick.

I've read this forum and others non stop for two weeks thinking about all the things I would love to do to it. Bit of information overload actually.

I think the very first thing I should do is a little suspension work just for that added ground clearance. It's a little sagged in the front.

I have a Pioneer AVH NEX 4000 reedy to go it and I just bought a reverse camera for it.

I also just received a catch can for it. I'll be fitting that this weekend along with blocking the EGR. Also while I'm at it I'll take the intercooler off and give it a good clean cause I'm certain there's oil in there. It spits a bit of oil out of the cold pipe where it connects to the throttle body.

The previous owner had it religiously serviced by Nissan who told him that was just blow by and would just wipe the oil away. Seems pretty crazy that that is just acceptable. Any way hopefully these simple little mods will help it run nice and clean. I hate the thought of possible grunge and carbon build up in the manifold. May have to inspect that.

Any no doubt I'll be around here for a while.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ended up fitting Fox coilovers in the front and Fox shocks with a 25mm lifting block in the rear.

Very happy with it. Raised about 65mm in the front and now sits fairly level.

Latest posts

Back