Dash removal help 2012 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panuara

Reaction score
How do I remove the fascia over the radio and also the instrument cluster. Mine is a Spanish build ST Dec 12 build. I have read all the threads that talk about removing the small storage on the top of the dash. Not found on the new ones. Others say to give the fascia a strong pull...Where and how strong.
I don't like to ask when there have been previous threads but need some clarification. Thanks.

Hasn't the storage space just been replaced with a lid? The structure is pretty much identical throughout all models as far as I know so the mounting points will be the same as well.

As for the clips there is atleast one thread that shows the exact location of the clips, if you can't find them from that all you can do is gentle pull at the fascia and you will feel where there is any resistance, gentle pry those resistant spots away.

I know it's not really a great help but those of us who did the same job without instructions had to do the same, gently move and pry until we found the clips, you might have to do the same. The clips are fairly resilient and I'm pretty sure you wont find any screws in the entire fascia until you get down to the very bottom piece (below the 4wd switch).

I just replaced my radio in my 2012 ST. the whole thing comes of without any tools. Just remove the cup holder next to the parking brake just get you finger around the front left edge and pull straight up. Then remove the panel around the gear selector/shifter by grabbing the end closes to the cup holders and pull up should come right off. The inset around the radios comes off by pulling the lower part of the panel. It is a bit fiddly and stubborn but it will come off. Pull just below the hazard button on the right side and the blank button on the left side and it will loosen up then the clips on top pull towards you and up. The panel around the radio is the biggest pain but give it a firm pull from the bottom and it should come off.

I hope this helps.

Yeah the older models had a screw under the dish on top of the dash, BUT the new ST has no screws for the centre panel that covers the radio and has the climate controls on it.
Like RSGOOCH said you will need to grab it at the sides and pry it off.
With the instrument cluster to you mean the speedo ect? If so there is a slim panel that runs up the outside edge on the right side of the dash where the rubber door seal is if you grab it and peel it back you will find a few screws, two are for the lower panel that runs under the steering column above the bonnet latch. Once you undo those screws you will be able to grab that panel and pop it off.
With the centre piece out, the side panel removed and the lower panel out, Then you will be able to access the screws for the instrument section of the dash.

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate your help as I didn't want to break anything which was screwed on.
The cup holders pull out easily, the one with the gear stick is more tight, and the one in front of the radio takes some effort from the bottom first then grip the sides and pull. It does pop out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back