D40 Timing Chain...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cause is simple....untill the EGR is blocked and a reputable catch can is fitted the buildup will keep coming

Blocking the egr wont always help. Once the buildup has started, the tube that runs just into the intake manifold can block more than 50% of the opening near the shutdown throttle plate also.

Blocking the egr wont always help. Once the buildup has started, the tube that runs just into the intake manifold can block more than 50% of the opening near the shutdown throttle plate also.

well does it not stop it from further sludge????

goes without saying, one should clean out the intake as part of the egr job

well does it not stop it from further sludge????

goes without saying, one should clean out the intake as part of the egr job

OK - How does on "Clean out the intake"..

I've cleaned from Airbox, MAF, Turbo, Pipework, Intercooler right up to exit to the (what I would call on a Petrol Engine) throttle body.. I have not cleaned betond this, and I can't see how I would..

If there is a way of removing "throttle body" and intake runners to clean, then can I be pointed in the right direction :)

Haven't done it yet but definitely needs to be cleaned especially after seeing the crap in the inter cooler. Was told to remove the intake hose at the egr valve and spray a mixture of 9parts diesel 1 part petrol to dissolve the build up. Whilst the engine is running. Not totally convinced about this though?

OK - How does on "Clean out the intake"..

I've cleaned from Airbox, MAF, Turbo, Pipework, Intercooler right up to exit to the (what I would call on a Petrol Engine) throttle body.. I have not cleaned betond this, and I can't see how I would..

If there is a way of removing "throttle body" and intake runners to clean, then can I be pointed in the right direction :)

unfortunately not a quick job...gotta take all intake system off

I had Nissan replace the timing chain guides on my VQ40 under a "good will" claim. reckon they had never heard of it before. I showed them a TSB from Nissan US. They said yeah we can fix it. $3800. I said no way. Rang Nissan Aust and had them put in a good will claim. Bingo, free. Any way they never heard of it on a petrol in oz but was told a TSB was put out for the timing chain guide on the YD25.
Mate you Need to use more acronyms so that we can follow you.

Latest posts

Back