D40 Roof lining STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup its not a bad little set of instructions,

Go for it krafty, what ever is easier for you, hopefully it helps some people out!!

Ok here we go, roof lining removal for the ST-X D40 to gain access to the roof light wiring looms.

Many thanks to turbogu for sharing the well detailed instructions!!

To remove the visors pop the screw cover off using a small straight screw driver and then remove the screw. Each visor can then be removed. The hinge tab gets turned counter-clock wise and pulls out of the headliner.

roofimage1.gif

On the rear, remove the two large plugs with a gentle pry of a small screw driver. This will then give you access to the smaller square plugs that hold the rear of the headliner up. Use a long screw-driver inserted through these holes to gently pry up on the plugs and work them loose. Take your time and make sure you're prying on the plug and not the headliner!! Pop the lens off of the dome light and remove it with the two screws and un-plug the power lead to it.

roofimage2.gif

On the side, slide the front seat-belts down the entire way. Pop the cover off of the top and remove the 10mm bolt. Remove the upper grab handles for the front and rear passengers. Removed the forward grab handles for the rear passengers. I did not remove the front seat belt bolts.

roofimage3.gif

A view of the rear corner. The bolts on the rear seat belts are 16mm and I did loosen them up to allow the trim panel to be pulled away from the side of the truck.

roofimage4.gif

Back to the front and the over-head console. When you gently pry at the upper edge of the lamp housing the entire thing falls down!! But its held in place by the wiring. Unplug the wires and it will drop down as 1 unit. The console then is just held in by "push pins." Take a deep breath and grab ahold and pull it down towards you! It'll come

roofimage5.gif

Now work the headliner down with as much patience as you can. It certainly won't fall down... you have to work it around all the trim, etc. It took me 20-25 mins to get it worked down and onto the reclined seats.

The only thing that held mine somewhat up is the wiring that passes up the driver's side A pillar and over to the overhead console and then back to the rear dome light:

*Note*
For moving and relocating the wiring loom if done carefully it can be done from the passenger side without fully removing the roof lining.

Thanks to all for the input to this, much appreciated. I'll have a go at this on the weekend.
Cheers:cheers!:

For those interested it's actually a thread showing how to install the factory roof bars not just removing the lining so chances are it wont come up in searches for roof lining.

Latest posts

Back