D40 Recall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juz

Reaction score
Hi everyone saw on the news tonight that they maybe a recall on Nissans cause the air bag may shoot of metal when they go off. Does anyone know if the 2014 navara titanium is on the list or what model it is?

Somebody did put up another post with the same concern.. i dont think you have too much too worry about just yet mate

My understanding is that it's something over 30 million units worldwide being recalled because of a particular type of airbag (Takata). This specific type of airbag was only used in the D22 Navara from 2000 to 2004 or something like that.

Lol hows that hey. Everyone gives d40's shit for a weak chain. But a d22 can shoot metal at ya head. Hahaha glad i own a 40

Hahaha i would rather a faulty airbag that will get replaced for free. Then a piss weak timing chain that will destroy your engine when it lets go.

Lol, 53 million cars recalled world wide... 6 deaths linked to faulty airbags.. I like those odds

Original recall was D22 2001-4. Nissan aren't sure so haven't updated the recall yet but it will probably be D22s up to 2007 as well. All 6 deaths were in Hondas.

Hahaha i would rather a faulty airbag that will get replaced for free. Then a piss weak timing chain that will destroy your engine when it lets go.

I think every time D22 owners look out on their driveway there spewing it's not a D40 and will look for any excuse to justify that.

Put it this way, do trip of a 1000K's or so I know what model I'd rather be in.

i think every time d22 owners look out on their driveway there spewing it's not a d40 and will look for any excuse to justify that.

Put it this way, do trip of a 1000k's or so i know what model i'd rather be in.

��������������

Lol why is everyone haveing a big cry of a chain wow the chain on a d40 is shit who cares just change it. Still ive owned the d22 and now own a d40 let me tell ya no ofance to the d22 owners but get your selfs a d40 more comfortable refine power space 👌👌👌 all cars have there faults if its just a chain the woopyty doooooooooooooooooooooo

Nah mate, the chassis on the d40 is thinner than a Suzuki, the body panels are thin and the whole thing feels hollow and weak, the interior also feels cheap, hollow and weak, they have no clearance, expensive and weak front suspension and the diesel engine has many issues (timing chain, super expensive injection system, egr valve ect) they were built by labourers getting $1000 a month at the most and the dual mass flywheel is just another problem waiting to happen, they spit smoke like a Thai rubbish pile and 17inch wheels on a 4wd makes tires more expensive and less capable. the funniest part is the d40s production run is dwarfed by the d22 (for good reason) and the new Navara is based on the d22...you know your ute engineering is a failure when people start talking class action lawsuits and people regularly trade them in for a new one at low Kms. I have had many chances to get a d40 and have driven them many times, I would take my Japanese built d22 over a d40 anyday of the week. Anybody choosing a 4wd ute on the basis of comfort has lost their marbles IMO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back