D40 intercooler hard pipe replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
I want to replace the intercooler pipe work on the Nav. I've seen a few people who um and ah and don't seem like they can be bothered (one was a big turbo company) and one bloke wanted $150 a side.

I look at the kits on ebay and if i could weld them together that's the way i'd go but i can't.

Where have people gone in Sydney to get there's replaced?
I would have thought by now there would be a replacement kit for the stock set up.

Thanks.

One day I'll replace mine, but it won't be a complete hard pipe upgrade, because there needs to be some flexing between the rubber-mounted engine and the frame-mounted intercooler.

I'll try using sections of hard pipe that you can buy in different configurations from Autobahn or Supercheap Auto. I'll join them together with the silicon turbo hosing.

One day I'll replace mine, but it won't be a complete hard pipe upgrade, because there needs to be some flexing between the rubber-mounted engine and the frame-mounted intercooler.

I'll try using sections of hard pipe that you can buy in different configurations from Autobahn or Supercheap Auto. I'll join them together with the silicon turbo hosing.

Old Tony, did you end up doing this? I ran out of power in my D40 today and discovered a hole in the turbo hose, rang Nissans and they want $305 for a new one. Surely I could make one up that performs better and cheaper!

You can get hard pipe kits for as low as $88 on ebay. Saves a bunch of stuffing around trying to make your own. I put mine in in about 15 mins.

Buy a descent hard pipe. Cheaper ones are persistent at blowing off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the forefront one last week. 30 minute install and it replaces the whole pipe from turbo to intercooler. Awesome bit of kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About 180 posted. Awesome. Have a look at forefront industries and send him a message. Good service too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Forefront's service. Jamie is awesome.

I haven't done mine. We've had ... some exciting times. Car's fine, it's the human occupants with this or that issue. The car has to wait.

Use a silicone Hump pipe in the line somewhere (57mm) ensures a bit of flex and isolates vibrations. Learnt this the hard way.

I fitted the Forefront Industries kit today. Easy to fit, fits like a glove, car goes better. Nissans should be ashamed of the conglomeration they sent them out of the factory with!

I fitted the Plazaman one. Seems to work ok. Hasn't blown off yet. Just has the silicon flexible hose at each end.

Having that little baffle removed it does give a bit of rustling, vacuum cleaner sound on spool up. Which gives me the shits. Well you can hear it with passenger window down.

As for performance, really no different but perhaps a little less black smoke when you take off from standstill.

Latest posts

Back