D22 ZD30 Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aahhh come on !!!!!! silver radiator wont STOP airflow,, they are painted black to dissapate heat, (to cool) as black is best colour, (most new form radiators including your navara one is a silver core .... as for bullbars and spotties they ARE mounted in front of cooler,, wow thats really going to hinder the air flow now... and lets all be honest now,, how effective do you think your intercooler is ????... 3.0lt diesel at full noise ,at full boost, flows over 500cubic feet per minute of air,, now do you think a pissy little cooler is going to have time to cool it, to an acceptable level(doubt it).... $1200 just to drop 5deg... also turbos are not cooled down by intercoolers, they are sometimes watercooled... a properly tuned diesel will be far more effective with a chip, start introducing heaps of fuel then you will be in trouble!!!!! but who would do that, without all the proper tuning equiptment,, (not like sitting in the cab and dialing up the boost pressure without knowing what is going on).... yes one more thing NOS wont do jack shit,, it is LPG that you want ... introduced pre turbo... try it works better than an intercooler, more power, cooler temps, and better fuel consumption,,,, i am glad i am a diesel technician rather than a white collar worker .......... i get to see it first hand :devil::devil:

While you are right on water cooled turbo's, you dont mention the oil cooling the turbo which it also does as it lubricates.

If Intercooler's dont do jack, why do trucks run them ?

I would love to see how a Catapillar C15 Acert or Cummins ISX would perform without one.

Why wont NOS do anything ?

Dave said:
While you are right on water cooled turbo's, you dont mention the oil cooling the turbo which it also does as it lubricates.

If Intercooler's dont do jack, why do trucks run them ?

I would love to see how a Catapillar C15 Acert or Cummins ISX would perform without one.

Why wont NOS do anything ?

Dave. This guy obviously knows best, that the past hundreds of thousands of dollars of science/physics research of the effects of cooled turbos has been a waste. We better listen to this knob...

4helping

This is water to air inter cooler set-up i completed last week on my work vehicle, please excuse the pod filter as its only temporary till i get more time to make air box up. Also made and fitted oil/air separator and modified front housing of turbo to accept 3" intake.
I had to relocate the fuel filter to drivers side to allow room for intercooler.
I also completed a 3" exhaust from cat back (not enough time to make turbo dump and eliminate cat) and have great pick up now and when climbing hills torque has increased alot.
I also have rapid chip to install- maybe this weekend if family allows the

Latest posts

Back