D22 Vg33e ->vg33er supercharger

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluey_D22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
ive got a 2003 3.3l d22, i am thinking about turning it into a vg33er with a oem xterra supercharger what else would i need to do to the engine to make this possible. and what else do i need to buy excluding the supercharger.
Cheers

hey mate,
I probably wouldn't as internals are different between motors, not to mention injectors, pump and your ecu. Was considering it on my VG30 but you'd be better off buying the whole vg33er motor with the fuel pump and wiring loom. In my opinion and experience but, the power difference isn't justified for that much work and money... From memory its a 40hp difference on a brand new engine and I think for that time, effort and spanner throwing you might as-well but a VQ in it lol. Plus you'd be making a Nissan engine even more unreliable.
I am strictly speaking based on my VG30 but I can't imagine they're too different...

If you are gonna do it despite that, you'll need the drive belt, cranky pulley to drive the belt, sensors, maybe fix the fuel problem, retune it, might have to mess around with your accessories and fab mounts / find mounts for em, blow off valve assembly, figure out your vacuum lines ect, and make an intake for a snorkel. You should also do a rebuild with forged internals and better chain to make sure you don't blow it up. That's not even everything, that's just the main handful...
Once again, speaking on the VG30 experience, however its basically the same motor on the outside, can't imagine a big difference between them.

I'm not a financial advisor but I reckon it'd be cheaper to buy the whole motor instead and just drop it in over converting it, from what I can see its 1500 for the whole motor, loom and pump, and my wreckers said a pretty similar price minus pump. From what I can see for a new OEM supercharger its nearly double that? Either way you'll be putting more time and money in it than it's worth (in my opinion anyways). Plus there's always turbo kits from china 😉

Hope this helps,
H

Latest posts

Back