no one wants to tune non-CRD D22 ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I own a D22 (ZD30 Di powered) Navara and many established tuning firms in the state i live in namely WA will not tune my vehicle for whatever reason unbeknownst to me. What is it that puts them off? Is it a bottleneck in the injectors or pump or something they cannot get full control over. TBH i have found it a super reliable ute that appears to have some potential with regard to power upgrades.
regards
Robert

No idea but there are people with upgraded chips/tunes afaik, so there must be firms around the place that do it.

They are designed to be a reliable workhorse, but are also reliably slow to take off lol. Can see why people who drive mostly in suburbia might want a "tune" but instead of trying to make it into something it isn't designed to be, they might be better off buying something that is designed to go better to begin with (if they can afford it) IMO. Obviously plenty of people would disagree with that!

two main problems.
there is the "zd30 grenade" reputation from the patrol and terrano.
also that the ecu is non flashable. there is only a few people around who have spent the time an effort to work out the programming and you have to get someone who can unsolder the old chip and solder in a new chip socket.

however there is piggy back tuning boxes around, tho probably not many made now as its such an old engine.

Check the remap Vs chip thread. I will link it if I can work out how to. I bought a remapped ECU from East Coast Performance and I am in WA. It has transformed my rig. It is a simple mater to swap them out. As tweaks said, can't be done without socketing the ECU and fitting a new remapped chip. Rumpig has an excellent thread where he did it all himself and has laid out the process really well if you are game to give it a try

thanks guys, yeh i went through and did a search of these forums and found just what you guys are describing. So i'll try and do what is described by rumpig.

Latest posts

Back