D22 soon, need tips on upgrades..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryestylen

Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster on the nav forums here.. well in about 3 weeks i am going to be buying a mates 05 str d22 3.0l turbo diesel. It is stock as a rock and has 145xxxks anyway..

I really wanna try to make it look tuff when its in my hands but am not sure what i should get and in what order etc...

lift= I was thinking a 2"lift kit, and maybe 2"body lift first. I will be towing the work trailer once or twice a week and was wondering it would make the back sag alot overtime..

wheels and tires= hoping 33"s on black steelies, mostly be driven on road and in the mud maybe once or twice a fortnight.

exhaust= ??

im a 18yrold apprentice, so any mods done will take time..
any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ry.

rear springs usually sag heaps so unless your mate as already done them i would fit new springs (or at least extra leaf). bonus is you get 2" lift.

being 18 whats your insurance going to be like with a modified vehicle?

33" tires..... just be aware that the transfer chain and front diff are not overly strong. big tires and lead feet will cost you big. i would do exhaust (nice big 3") and front bar plus winch before doing tires.

insurance im still looking into.. yeahh i was thinking a 2.5" or 3" too.. might just keep the alloy bullbar, unless i decide to go camping and 4x4 a bit more.. thanks for the info mate.

Latest posts

Back