d22 service at dealership

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasja5

Reaction score
I need advice?, My local dealer told me at20k its is time to drain the ps rack and renew the oil? He also told me at 20k it is recommended to remove the fuel rail and flush it out?
I told him it would be difficult to drain the rack because it doesn't have one. Now I am wondering why you would take the fuel rail off after 20k.
your thought gentelmen?

RUN !

rip off @#$ ! ! !

no power steering rack, no need to change power steering fluids till well over 100k.
you do not flush out fuel rails. your actually meant to replace them any time you remove them! no doubt they would have found other things that needed fixing.

check the owners hand book, it will tell you what needs to be done at each service.

Let him do what he likes,its fixed price servicing anyway.At my last service [30000] it was $240 Nissan & $340 Ultratune.Hugh

No Hugh, these jobs were extra on top of fixed price of 233 $. thx tweak.

I had a read of this early this morning and was going to reply but was in a bit of shock, perhaps the workshop is quiet and needs unnecessary work from clients i would fire a email off to Nissan customer service then again that probably would be a waste of your time.

I need advice?, My local dealer told me at20k its is time to drain the ps rack and renew the oil? He also told me at 20k it is recommended to remove the fuel rail and flush it out?
I told him it would be difficult to drain the rack because it doesn't have one. Now I am wondering why you would take the fuel rail off after 20k.
your thought gentelmen?

Hi,

It should be fairly easy to pickup the owners manual, flick to the 20k service procedure and point out to him these are not on the menu.

My mate did a similar thing to his mitshu dealer, who said the PS fluid was burn't and needed replacing at 15 tho. they wanted to charge $750 for the privilege arguing that he was using the car to much on full lock causing the issues. In the end, he managed to get it done for free, pretty much stating the car should not be manufactured to such a low build quality that this sutation is allowable under such a low service intivull, but im pretty sure he had to get some automotive body to argue his case, as the dealer was not interested in paying for it untill then.

AFAIK they dont remove fuel rails on CRD vechiles, they replace them and its big money?

id leave them for another service agent TBH, hes prob swinging lies trying to get business, because he has no business from swinging lies?

anyway, shop around.

OMFG

Letter to Nissan customer service man.
They will be just as astounded.

Do it! Please.

Latest posts

Back