D22 Recovery Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggquincy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just ordered our new D22 this week, although have to wait until the 1st week in Decemeber for the delivery. In the meantime, can anyone advise me where to, what type of recovery point to purchase, and the best location to install them. I am from Perth, Western Australia. Thanks in advanced. Cheers Tony

hey, welcome to the forum!

do you mind if i ask where about in perth? north or south of the river? also keep an eye on the perth/WA section of the forum for updates on trips around perth.

from what i know i'd recommend you purchase the hook type recovery points. they are usually held in place with 2 bolts and the hook is supposedly better than a loop as if the strain is too much the hook will bend open which prevents any flying obstacles such as shackles (this is only my words from what i have personally seen and been told by others, so best to await more replies!)

i know some guys here have the setup i am talking about with pics so i'll let them discuss with you further

Nor

Thanks for the reply, I am located in Ellenbrook. As I said earlier have to wait a few weks before I pick up my D22, so in the meantime looking recovery points, Canopies etc. Looking at the ARB Canopy at the moment, they seem to be pretty good. Just hate all this waiting.

Hi ggquincy,

Welcome to the forums. I just got my new D22 also. I've had mine for about three weeks and had to wait a month for mine too. It'll be the longest month of your life.

It's worth the wait!

I got my canopy from Flexiglass coz I wanted the high roof version, ARB don't have a high roof version for the new 09 model. I think the Flexiglass one with dust deflector, high level brake and interior light with sliding windows etc is about $1850 fitted.

Only thing I really want to change with mine is the power and am looking at putting in a DP chip to boost up the grunt. I just upgraded from the 3.0TD and am missing the power a bit. Te 2.5 goes well, but .....

Bummer about the waiting. It's a great day when you pick it up. Oh the new car smell. :big_smile:

Cheers,

DJ

Cruise Control

Hey DJ, your not wrong about the wait, 1 month is going to feel like a year.
I notice you have Cruise control fitted, did you get this done by Nissan or after market, if you don't mind me asking what did it cost supplied / fitted.
Cheers Tony

Hey ggquincy,

I had the aftermarket Cruise fitted by Nissan. It sits on the steering wheel and has a light on the dash to tell when on. It was fitted by a mob called Motor one from memory.

I think it costs around $700 fitted or there abouts. It operates faultlessly and works better than my factor cruise in my old GU Patrol. It holds perfect speed, no rise or fall of set speed. I love it and is the best add on of my new Nav.

If you really want to know, I'll grab the details out of the glove box

Cheers,

DJ

I also had the factory steering mounted cruise installed in my new D22 for around the $600 mark, works a treat, wouldnt go without it. Cheers.

hi ggquincy, the Factory front recovery spots are very strong,havent heard of anybody tearing one off. Only advantage of hooks would be speed of hooking a rope on and not having to get under the front to undo a shackle in the mud(you even have mud in auz?) as for the Rear I bought a Warn Receiver Hitch from 4wd1.com and it works a treat.

Last edited:
dunno how i'm right. i don't like using shackles on the stock recovery points. i have no idea what the points are rated for but if you spread the load between both they will handle light pulls/towing. i prefer hooks as they will straighten out before things start to break and your not mucking around with unknown strength shackles. however i'm told chassi is rather easy to warp.

dunno how i'm right. i don't like using shackles on the stock recovery points. i have no idea what the points are rated for but if you spread the load between both they will handle light pulls/towing. i prefer hooks as they will straighten out before things start to break and your not mucking around with unknown strength shackles. however i'm told chassi is rather easy to warp.

Most of those hooks look like that are cast iron, they won't straighten out just snap. Maybe there are some forged ones available though.

Most of those hooks look like that are cast iron, they won't straighten out just snap. Maybe there are some forged ones available though.
i'll have to double check but i think a AU 4x4 mag did a test on the common ones. i don't think they had any snap, they all straightened.

Yellow or Green Pin Bow Shackles have the rating on them, Not your usual old chain D shackle.
true but how many times to you hear "where the **** is my shackles", "it will do its heaps strong enough" or your stuck with whatever the farmer has in his tool box.

much better if you can do with out shackles all together. a little bit more idiot proof.

Was that the 'Autron' one Matt?

Hi ggquincy, sorry for hijackin ya post. Welcome, I'm a newbie as well.

Latest posts

Back