D22 rear diff noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan87

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a 2011 D22 that had a rear diff noise, kind of like a rotational grinding/rubbing when going around corners (assume LSD problem). They changed the oil at the major service and the noise went away. They wouldn't check the diff for me, is there a quick way I can check the function of the LSD? I heard if I put one wheel on the ground and the other in the air and try to spin it or something?

Cheers :)

I cant really answer you question but, I did have the same issue with the grinding noise, especially around tight corners on hard ground thought my diff was screwed, I changed the oil then hey PRESTO!! it went away, iv now done another 30,000k on it with no issues. so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Probably had the wrong oil in it to begin with.... easiest way to check it is one wheel on grass and one on the road. Give it a boot full and if the one on the grass spins the whole time the lsd is kaput, but if it only spins a little and then grips then it's ok....

Thanks for the replies guys, maybe I'll just let it go and see what happens... It had the factory oil in it, that hasn't been changed since I bought it, but it was overfull and really black when I checked it before the service.

Sounds like it was pretty much overdue for a change anyway... How many km on it when it was changed?

Fair enough...... I know some of the earlier ones had the wrong oil put in at the factory, open diff oil instead of LSD so maybe that's what happened..... Can't say I've ever noticed any issues with mine and that's done a bit over 50k now...

Had my car serviced at nissan and they put normal gearbox oil in mine.
2000ks later started binding up one afternoon, dropped it straight away put in Nulon 85-140LSD oil and a dose of G70 and it came good.

How ever a slight whine at 85kmph specificly underload now

Latest posts

Back