d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the mini top mount intercooler setup that this thread was originally about...
Has any one had any trouble with the silicone bend attached to the turbo?
Mine split, wasn't from rubbing on the bottom of the cooler either.

how are your hoses going?

mine has just split again, would be in the same spot i reckon, havent had a look yet just limped it home this arvo, will have a look toomorrow. luckily i've got that spare joiner.

i'm thinking i might try to make a steel pipe, maybe lobster style, or using a donut.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, does anyone happen to know if the JDM Performance micro intercooler is still available? I can't find them on ebay. Otherwise I will give them a call direct. I was thinking about stuffing around with an XR6 intercooler but I reckon the JDM one might be easier. My motives are purely protection from turbo failure (my Nav has done nearly 190,000 kms and I'm assuming it's still the original turbo). I think I may still have to mount it at the front though, as I've put an auxiliary battery at the rear left side of the engine bay and, looking at bridge888's photos at the start of this thread, the pipe work used to achieve top mount would be right where my fuel filter now sits.
Mate you can move your fuel filter to the other side of engine bay, heaps of people have done it, including me. I did it so I could fit a big n70 battery in that back left corner rather than buying one of those premade batrery trays which yoj can only fit like a 60aH battery in, plus the battery trays cost a fortune haha. I just bought a generic tray from supercheap for $25

how are your hoses going?

mine has just split again, would be in the same spot i reckon, havent had a look yet just limped it home this arvo, will have a look toomorrow. luckily i've got that spare joiner.

i'm thinking i might try to make a steel pipe, maybe lobster style, or using a donut.

How many kms are you getting before hose splits?
Last time I looked I noticed mine had some wear from rubbing, and ive been meaning to order another.
When I can be bothered I might look at tweaking with the design.

This topic has got me thinking about i/c's again.

I saw a pic on another thead a while back that gave me some ideas.
These aren't my pics by the way.

If i was doing my setup again i'd be looking into this type of design.

I think its an r32 skyline ic core 465x260x70.
Probably only possible to fit with a bodylift.
Maybe a 2.5l bonnet could be used with a slightly smaller core such as a 300x160x60mm, 450x180x50 or 400x230x65.
I think the 300x280 core brandon used might be a stuggle as it will cover the oil filler.

Maybe this will give someone some idea's anyway.
Hey benny this set up here with the skyline intercooler what would be the closest fit with out body lift from the sizes you mention here im pretty keen to do the same with sti scoop i only have suspension lift i know thats not really applicable but hes running patrol chassis would that change the height at all?

Too hard to say from here.
You would need to take some measurements.
I think you would be struggling to fit it without a bodylift.
The forefront kits are pretty good, id look at there small kit. So you can still run a winch.
You wont be able to run a 80series airbox but the stock airbox will do fine.

Too hard to say from here.
You would need to take some measurements.
I think you would be struggling to fit it without a bodylift.
The forefront kits are pretty good, id look at there small kit. So you can still run a winch.
You wont be able to run a 80series airbox but the stock airbox will do fine.
Yeah ok cool this forum is givin me to many ideas hahaha i see one good thing then see another that changes how i have to run everything different again cant make my bloody mind up

Yeah ok cool this forum is givin me to many ideas hahaha i see one good thing then see another that changes how i have to run everything different again cant make my bloody mind up

This place doesn't help to make your mind up, it's just thoughts and theory's and then some, every time I think i have the Nav where I want it I see another idea

This place doesn't help to make your mind up, it's just thoughts and theory's and then some, every time I think i have the Nav where I want it I see another idea
I know dave i want to run one thing that works good with the other, then when i see another mod id have to run a different set up so ive got stuff i bought
I know dave i want to run one thing that works good with the other, then when i see another mod id have to run a different set up so ive got stuff i bought in garage but not putting it in cos theres always something else hahah

I know dave i want to run one thing that works good with the other, then when i see another mod id have to run a different set up so ive got stuff i bought

I know dave i want to run one thing that works good with the other, then when i see another mod id have to run a different set up so ive got stuff i bought in garage but not putting it in cos theres always something else hahah
Whoops sent it twice

I'm considering the top mount intercooler as per original post. I'm thinking of using cast aluminium for the bends with silicon joiners. Can anyone foresee any issues with this such as having enough space? I have bought the micro intercooler from just jap.

hey everyone soo i was toying with the idea of a front mount intercooler for a while and done a bit of research my understanding is a front mount is a great idea but alot of piping is required which will create alot of lag soo i started doing research on a top mount system what i found was yes they will suffer from heat sink from under bonnet temp but once on high way with a good bonnet scoop is were you will see the difference soo this is wat i came up with

Where did you buy this intercooler?
Looking into this sort of setup

Back