d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this idea. Was a bit worried about using silicon on the first bend due to original poster having problems with this one splitting.

Last edited:
Hey Steve, I stuck a short piece of hose on the original boost take off and blocked it with an old bolt. I drilled and tapped a brass nipple into the side of the intercooler tank after the core for a more accurate reading. Here are a few more pics:
Also I had to modify my aluminium bend as it was too long. I cut it down and made a tool to bead the ends. The info is in this thread:
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=30779

Attachments

• IMAG1590.jpg
    IMAG1590.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG1591.jpg
    IMAG1591.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG1593.jpg
    IMAG1593.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG1594.jpg
    IMAG1594.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
If you just get standard silicone bends you'll be right. You'll find you have to cut them down. Two 90 degree elbows and one 45. The size is 2 1/2 inch or 63mm from memory. The 45 degree bend I got from Supercheap, but the 90s I got from MTQ as Supercheap only have 90 degree reducers. You could probably get everything on eBay.

Good call. The ones I got from MTQ are Sonic Performance brand and the quality is noticeably better than the Supercheap ones.

Thought id show me mates topmount on his zd30 pipe works a bit how ya going, its a front mount off a colaradouploadfromtaptalk1443784076245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443784201696.jpg

Wuploadfromtaptalk1447396613036.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447396703420.jpgell finally got round to top mounting the cooler today just a dummy run to see how id go as Ben85 said probably need body lift and yeah even with cut outs for scoop and i w9nt be able to shut my bonnet so body lift it is now

Looks like it should fit ok with the bodylift.

Looks ok, what size core is that?
Will there be a mounting frame for the core? Looks like its just sitting there.
Maybe the a bonnet off a 2.5ltr d22 would work?

Hey benny its 450x150x50 core 2.2 inlet - outlet i have brackets ready to go just have to cut and weld when im 100% happy where it sits i wanted to have the pipe work behind the cooler but id have to mod the heater hoses but il see after body lift how i go i had to relocate the fuel filter already but now i can fit the commpressor in there where the filter sat i already have a subaru scoop not the big honkin one dont want attention got a 6 inch thermo for it but again il wait to see this week after lift arrives whether it goin to be on top or under the cooler might even see if i can get pipe work behind as i dont like the look at front. il post some pics once i have it in propley

Well ended up f#$king the delta fin ic off and went with bar and plate made some temp brakets just to take it for a run to see what its like and no good at all it felt like i had no turbo it dropped off heaps ben85 any ideas mate? Maybe too much piping really laggy was gonna get it tuned but dont know if it would do any good cos theres no power now what so ever heres some picsuploadfromtaptalk1448703734530.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448703757532.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448703783190.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448703813413.jpg

Maybe not the length of the piping so much as all the turns and reversing direction that could account for the lag. Plus, with no scoop or fan yet you won't be getting any actual cooling benefit, and maybe even higher intake temps due to heat soak, so probably not surprising that your performance has dropped a bit. Good looking set up though.

False alarm i forgot to resolder the boost sensor back on after extending plus a esu reset she seems the business again

But yeah benny ive got the 6" fan ready to go probally gonna go twin thermos and the scoop il do tommoro as the beers ran me out of time i rekon after the tune and fans scoop

Latest posts

Back