d22 3ltr throttle response

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb7449

Reaction score
My zd30 was sluggish and noisy from when i bought it i ran some diesel power through it and it made a noticeable difference in noise and a slight performance increase. The power has slowly improved over time. I am running 33" tyres which suck power but the problem is this, i have great initial throttle response at any revs but it does not keep up the power. To keep the power up i have to back off on throtle until you can feel it accelerate and you have to keep feathering it. Also i get quit poor fuel consumption no matter how i drive. It starts easy.

most common problem is air beingsucked into the fuel line. fit a bit of clear fuel pipe on and look for bubbles.

You will also most likely find that the inside of your inlet manifold is choked up with carbon/soot deposits. I removed mine, bead blasted it, then did the EGR/swirl mod and geez it made a hell of difference to top end performance.

i will have to try the air in fuel test on weekend, and the butterfly swirl mod was done before i bought vehicle. Thanks for the ideas

Hi Guys and Gals.
I have a 2003 ST-R ZD30. I have noticed when changing back 3rd to 2nd, the throttle is not always responsive. Annoying in the traffic when you want to give it a few revs to change back easier, but the engine doesn't rev. Haven't noticed it any other time.
Any one else have this issue? Can't seem to find anything on the forum.

Latest posts

Back