D22 2.5CR ecu reset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klr265

Reaction score
Hey guys
I tried the ecu reset that is uploaded on this site more than 5 times and could not get it to work.
I could not get the engine light to flash as indicated it should.
Is this the same for all D22 2.5 as mine is a 2010?
any answers would be great.

Hey guys
I tried the ecu reset that is uploaded on this site more than 5 times and could not get it to work.
I could not get the engine light to flash as indicated it should.
Is this the same for all D22 2.5 as mine is a 2010?
any answers would be great.

Just persevere as i was lucky and did it first time. I tried it to stop some of the smoke when under load. At first after I reset the ecu and drove the car it felt like a rocket but after a while it felt normal again. didnt seem to stop the smoke though. I will get it checked at the 10k service.

I've also had success using the instructions posted on here. First time around though i made a mistake and was holding the pedal down for 10 seconds when i should of just been waiting.

Well its still 10 seconds just make sure you follow the instructions maddogrc posted up in the thread to the letter and it should work. Mine is also a 2010 model D22.

I prefer the "disconnect battery" turn on ignition " "turn off ignition" "reconnect battery" method

100% gurantee the ECM has being drained, applying the brake pedal may only drain the BCM???

Yes they can tell if they look. Will they cry? I doubt it they only cry when it costs them money.

As others have suggested disconnect the battery. I have my doubts as to how effective that method is but others reckon it works and it wont harm anything although you'll loose your trip meter figures.

Back