2003 ZD30 3L code 1003

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara03zd30

Reaction score
Hi everyone appreciate you taking the time to read.
My d22 has a flashing engine light with code 1003 EGR valve .Comes on as soon as you pull off , tried resetting ecu no luck . It has EGR blank and swirl mod (by previous owner) .
I have scanned through the wires off the egr solenoid and don’t see any issues besides a bit hardened .
Is there a fuse I’m not aware of perhaps for the EGR ? Or could it possibly be incorrect vacuum hose setup ?

There’s no symptoms other than the light constantly flashing .

Any help would be great thanks 👍🏻

The older cars (mine included) had no flow detection, but did monitor that the EGR valve was there. It's likely that the valve itself has a fault if the wiring is ok. That could persist until you pop a replacement on it. If it were mine, I'd assume that a car wouldn't be in an accident just because the EGR valve failed, so getting one from a wreck (even a front-end wreck) would be a fairly safe bet.

check for voltage at the valve. if no voltage it runs via ecm relay and a 10amp fuse.
the ecu only checks the windings, the valve windings should be about 13-17 ohms.

Latest posts

Back