d22 2.5 loss of power - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
Any idea's i went to start this arvo and it was like having a flat battery nothing there then on the third go it fired as normal since then under heavy acceleration a loss of power not limp mode almost like starved for fuel.

It only happens say 3 times in 15mins i never had this before did the ecu reset it still does it when i say lack of power i mean get to 3000 it won't go more back off then put the boot in powers back will go to 5000 if i want to.

Got me stumped i suspected the chip i disconnected and went for a small run but not enough to try it properly and it doesn't explain the inability to fire up earlier on it's a curly one any idea's failing that anyone near me with a gauge i can check for any error codes? also what are symptoms of a dirty maf sensor it's never been cleaned.

Flat battery as in a nice "click" or just nothing when you turned the key?

With the acceleration, maybe throttle calibration? Let it idle for a few min and see if it resets?

How old are your batteries? Maybe the cranker is on the way out and causing the problems?

Sounds similiar to a problem i had. Once i replaced the section of wire from the chip to the TPS it came good. I couldn't find a break in the wire but it must of been earthing out. Disconnect the chip at the pedal and try it.

Rumpig. The 2.5 dont have a pedal wire on the chips. It all plugs into the fuel rail and ecu.

Maybe let it idle for 10mins to reset that and do a battery test. Check earth wires, clean maf sensor, check fuel filter.
Rusty

Does the 2010 D22 have a MAFS or does it still use the MAPS?

I wouldn't suspect either if it's doing a limp-mode without showing a check engine light. The first suspect for me would be the device that can alter fuel input timing or control rail pressure.

Primarily that's the chip. Unplug, test properly, see what happens.

If the problem hasn't gone away, I wonder if there's something getting in the fuel pickup and making it starve (or perhaps the fuel filter?). When you back off the throttle, the rail pressure drops, releases the object, then when you hit it the object is picked up again. It's happened before.

Last thing it could be - and the one thing you don't want - timing chain. Had one person here with a D40 say their car was running intermittently until they changed the timing chain which had started throwing the camshaft timing out causing the car to run rough and not rev fully. Fingers crossed yours is the chip, or the fuel pickup!

Found the cause to the issues thanks for the replies did a hard run last weekend positive on the batt became lose also the chip harness did the same causing the ecu to be all over the place also the maf sensor was filthy not with dust just unclean drove around with no chip for a day for the first time in a year never again not that it was gutless just had to work it harder to get going now all good no hint of a problem.
John

Back