Cruise control playing up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
As above my cruise control on my 07 d40 will work for a a hour or 2 then all of a sudden it decides to turn out and won't set again any had this issues before ??

is yours manual? check the rubber grommet above the clutch pedal, mine was worn away to nothing and the grommet wasn't pushing in the button which allowed cruise control to engage.

Similarly it could be a brake switch issue, which would be a problem for the drivers behind too.

And while I don't want to mention this one, because it's wrong in every way, I've noticed quite a few automatic drivers that can accelerate away from the lights with their brakes on. Sometimes you'll be cruising along on the freeway and their brakes will come on too. The only way to do that is to use your LEFT foot for braking, and apart from being illegal, it's signalling to the drivers behind that you're slowing down when you're not. If you're using your left foot to brake, it's possible after a while that it's getting tired and just bringing on the brake light, which is enough to trigger the cruise control to stop.

Lastly, the unit might be faulty. First one I've heard of. I've no idea what they cost, and I'd suggest finding a similar year model and borrowing the unit from that car to make sure before you go seeking a new one. If you DO need a new one, Nizzbits or Niss4x4 would be my first choice.

Just curious - are there any lights on the dash, like the ABS light that stay on?

As Eug said, the grommet for the clutch pedal switch is the main culprit. Very occasionally a brake switch, and sometimes a neutral position switch on the gearbox.

turns out its the neatral switch push the shifetr to the side and it works fine then you hit a bum and it turns off thatnks all for the advice now to find out how painful the cost of the part will be

turns out its the neatral switch push the shifetr to the side and it works fine then you hit a bum and it turns off thatnks all for the advice now to find out how painful the cost of the part will be

Hey mate did u get this sorted? Im having a very similar problem only it sometimes wont go on at all and others it will, sometimes clicks off as soon as its on, its getting worse though.

Dezz

mine does it to.. the cruise light always comes on but you cant set the "cruise" more often than not. when you do get to set cruise, when it drops off can you always set it?

Nah mine likes to be stubborn, sometimes i can keep resetting time after time and it keeps dropping off, other times it will not letme set

Dezz

I think i figured out my problem guys, i finally get it to clock on and the slightest little touch of my clutch and it locks off!

So i put my foot under the clutch and lift her back up while i lock it back on again.
So if i fix that annoying problem my cc should work again!

Anyone know how to fix or know of a write up?

Dezz

it's a little rubber plug on the arm of the clutch peddle. just replace it with a bolt similar thickness.

Actually i found out when i pish my manual leaver to the left or right the cc stays on but when i let go off comes
The cc!! How do i fix this?

Dezz

Thanks for the thread guys, had this problem suddenly start a couple of days ago, and couldn't figure out where the cruise control fuse was. Thanks for the info, because yesterday, I got in the foot well and turned the rubber grommet you talk about 180 degrees and cruise works again!! Bloody marvellous this forum malarchy!

As i have a manual too, I had the same problem. Found it to be the NPS.
In tested it by putting my multi meter on ohms/continuity. Test between the two terminals to the NPS. When in gear you should get open circuit (very high to no resistance). When in neutral you should get a closed circuit (very low ohms I'd say no more then 10 ohms). Shake your gear stick around in the position your testing to see if the figure on your meter changes.
What I found with my switch, was the mechanism wasn't pushing the NPS lever in far enough to open the circuit (which should occur when a gear is selected). As I assumed the lever may have worn down, I added a 1-2mm piece of tin metal with glue to make the lever longer. You must ensure that you don't make it too long as your vehicle electronics may always think your in gear. As your 4LO will only switch when your in neutral, that will cause it not to ever switch for you. Although too shorter lever will make your vehicle always think your in neutral, this will allow your 4LO to change when your also in gear and could do damage if you forget your in gear.
Hope this helped!

Latest posts

Back