Cleaning a dpf with a high pressure hose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aydan89

Reaction score
G'day fellas. I'm having dpf troubles and I'd like to know if I can pull it out and clean it with a pressure hose. It won't regenerate either. Has anyone tried this? Any ideas would be good. Thanks

I think oxy acetylene is the preferred method. Option 2 is drive it like you stole it.

Or remove it and put in a delete pipe or even just hollow out the DPF and put it back on.

The other day at Super Cheap I saw an additive that supposedly cleans the DPF which I guess you could try also.

I've never thought about using a high pressure hose on it. I imagine that it wouldn't be hugely successful because the soot will be adhered to the matrix fairly well and would need a solvent to dislodge it - but hey, it might be worth a try. When a new one is $4K, trying a few things out is quite a sensible approach!

Youtube videos shows it working.. However I am led to believe that the water ruins the DPF reactive cells.. So it will fail rather quickly..

So, reverse high pressure spray it, re-attach it, get the light off, then put in a DPF pipe and re-calibrated sensors - or get the DPF code removed from the Tune...

Latest posts

Back