chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodhk

Reaction score
Hi all ,
I have a 2009 d40 navara diesel and as I have a camper trailer and go camping a fair bit now I want a little more power.
Any suggestions on chips or power add on would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers Rod.....

Welcome to the forum!

We have the same car. Extra power would sometimes be nice but not essential for us - we get there when we get there. The newer engines are more efficient and not only produce more power (140kW vs our 126kW) but better fuel economy as well.

That's not something we can achieve with our engines. Oh we can get the kW up there no trouble, but we'll pay for it in fuel costs. On long trips, every litre per hundred adds up.

You could go diesel gas - for the cost of filling an LPG bottle, you'd get a (claimed) 30% power improvement on the same fuel. You could use the extra power, or economise with it.

There are two chips that might provide you with some power benefit without too much more fuel being used - the Unichip and the Chipit. Both also adjust the turbocharger, and the Unichip also adjusts the injection timing (it fools the CAS to do it).

Cheers for that Tony.
Will look into both chips and see which one to get..

Rod

I have an 09 as well, recently put in a tunit chip. Very happy with the extra power i am getting though as tony said at the expense of fuel economy. Mine has increased roughly .3 to .5L per 100 I am happy with that. I do have a beaudesert exhaust fitted as well with a snorkel. Will be interesting to see how it rates when we pick up our van in a few months time.

cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back