Cheap Anderson Plugs - Quality?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
Anyone got some feedback on the cheap Anderson plugs off ebay?

Are they hopeless or do they do the job well?

Apparently they wear faster, but that is just a comment in another list.
No idea myself, I just purchased genuine in bulk.
It is the bits and bobs that really cost the money; handles, covers, etc.

I have heard mixed things about the non-original Anderson plugs. Last time I bought 10 original 50 amp ones. Too long ago to check my purchase history on evil bay but I see they are listed for about $20.00 inc post. At $2.00 each I would rather be safe than sorry. They come in handy for lots of things too. The thing is crimping the buggers. Ended up buying a little gas soldering iron for a couple of bucks to do the job.

I use the one`s from BCF with the little LED so I know there is connection. Soldering I find is the easiest way.

you can crimp the smaller ones with just a set of ratchet crimpers, use the yellow colored slot job done ;)

I bought one for my caravan. Didn't fit the original Anderson plug on the ute until I cut a little piece out of the middle. Fitted like a glove then.

I've used some non originals. They worked, but I'm pretty sure they're not as strong and don't insert and remove as easily as the diny di ones.

Check my build thread. I purchased thhe colour coded ones off eBay and have found them perfect. Fool proof and good quality

I have had a few different ebay ones, all have worked well with their own but because of slight variation between each lot I have had tight and loose conections when mixing plugs from differnet suppliers. As my older plugs were getting brittle from age I just bit the bullet and replaced all my stuff with the one lot of cheap ebay units and have a few left over for more accessories later.

Latest posts

Back