Canning stock route video

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohayes

Reaction score
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfF2d8ZRgvo&list=UUtZ7YX1WTEZseemEgbatO8A&index=1&feature=plcp[/YT]

short video of our recent Canning stock route trip. D22 went brilliantly!

Bob

Great footage. The only part that i didn,t like was the fuel pump $3.40 a liter, Shit i would have a heart attack

WOW... what a fantastic video.... I 1st did the CSR back in '89 when I was free and single..... Always wanted to head back there with the family..... that's just re-ignited the fire in my belly to pull my finger out to get back over there..... Seems to be a lot more tracks opened up with more to see now....

That D22 looked pretty much stock bar the tyres..... I assume it went pretty well in ground clearance, etc?

What sort of fuel, spare tyres, etc did u take?

When we went there was only the fuel drop off at Well 23 (I think) but I've been told there is a few other places now where u can get fuel.... is that correct?

Would love to see a for more pics/videos :)

cheers....
rob

Hows those corrrrrugations before and after kunawarritji? I thought my chassis was going to break in half and I was going to need a kidney transplant.

Terrific video! :)

The Canning Stock Route is on my bucket list but until I cease to be self employed it's going to have to stay there *sigh*

Thanks all for the kind words.
The D22 has a front lokka and airbags on the rear springs, steel wheels, lovells gas legend shocks, no other mods. The fuel was carried in a 120l plastic marine fuel tank in the tray, and a 12 volt fuel pump to transfer fuel when needed. We used about 290l for the trip, Halls Creek to Wiluna. Footage was a mixture of Sony handycam and Go-pro.We had no issues with ground clearance, Canning is all about tyre pressures. We got down to 15 cold and had no issues with punctures. Fuel bowser is at Kunawarritji, an aboriginal community near Well 33. Fuel isn't cheap but is fresh (comes from Alice every week) and accomodation there is excellent if you need a break from camping! They also have washing machines and showers.
Music is a band called 'the good ship' on triplej unearthed.

Last edited:
How long was the trip from start to finish + how long to go from Wiluna to Halls Creek?

Can u still get to Wells 1 to 9 I think? I had heard that access to the 1st 6 or so wells had been stopped

rob

Thanks all for the kind words.
The D22 has a front lokka and airbags on the rear springs, steel wheels, lovells gas legend shocks, no other mods. The fuel was carried in a 120l plastic marine fuel tank in the tray, and a 12 volt fuel pump to transfer fuel when needed. We used about 290l for the trip, Halls Creek to Wiluna. Footage was a mixture of Sony handycam and Go-pro.We had no issues with ground clearance, Canning is all about tyre pressures. We got down to 15 cold and had no issues with punctures. Fuel bowser is at Kunawarritji, an aboriginal community near Well 33. Fuel isn't cheap but is fresh (comes from Alice every week) and accomodation there is excellent if you need a break from camping! They also have washing machines and showers.
Music is a band called 'the good ship' on triplej unearthed.

I have done some of it' Gibsom Well 26 to 33 then across to sandy bar junchion, but looking at your vid, I am now packing the Nav.....WELL DONE MATE YOU HAVE FIRED ME UP.........

Back