Can a winch be fitted on to Factory Nudgebar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
Wondering if the factory D40 Nudge Bar is strong enough to handle a winch on it? I assume not..

Correct me please.

I am hoping to keep the nudge bar as I reckon they look bit nicer on D40s rather than the heavy bulky bullbars. No offence, just my opinion and I am aware bullbars are heaps stronger than the nudgebars.

If you're talking about the alloy nudge bar then the answer is absolutely not.

However - you can have a framework built in behind the bar that allows you to mount the winch, then all you need to do is worry about the fairlead.

The alloy bar won't take a lot of punishment at all. The minimum mount for a winch is 6mm thick steel plate - enough to withstand not just the weight of the vehicle, but overcoming whatever the vehicle is stuck in too. That's why we don't fit 2T winches to our rigs - mine's a 4.3T (9500lb) and you can go up to 5.3T (12000lb).

As old tony said, can get a cradle made, which is common with alloy bullbars, so as to mount a winch, but not sure with the nudge bar.

This is probably what i will be doing also,
Ill be using a 8mm steel plate to mount the winch on behind my standard alloy bar, then cut out a couple holes to put the fairlead on.
Just going to get in done professionally so i know its a good job and will not budge.

Thanks guys for your ideas. Its something I will have to look into it when its time to put in a winch.

Back