Cabin Air Filter D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fox

Reaction score
After checking previous posts I rang my Nissan Dealer who tells me Cabin Air Filters are not fitted or available for my brand new STR D22. (bought in october 2010).Aparently a retofit kit is available for the D40 though. This is the case for Thai built Navaras, and he could not tell me about earlier models without quoting a chassis number.
cough cough...

As far as I remember from all the posts about the cabin filter no one has suggested any retro fits for any model. There is a thread in the D40 section about the filters and I'm sure there has been a range of models discussed as to which do and don't get the filters but never about a retro kit.

Is what a problem, the fact that D22's don't have them?
The fact they are only in some models of D40?
The fact that they a good money spinner for Nissan? or
The fact that Nissan don't see a need to install them until 20K

I agree Krafty. I can only go on what the "experts" at the Nissan dealership tell me as this is my first Nissan. I really like my D22 STR - especially for the price - but am growing more dissapointed by the day with Nissan's penny pinching as far as what you would expect to be minimum standard in a 2010 model vehicle. Maybe a bit more disclosure in the sales brochures would help. I guess that is why they are only $30k.

Everything is built to a price these days, it's unfortunate but its the way of the world. I know plenty of people are ready to rag out Nissan (me included when they piss me off) for their service and the way they do things but the truth is every other company no matter what they sell does the same thing. Nissan are just following the rest of the corporate world.

The annoying thing about the experts is that if you ask another so called expert tomorrow the answer you get will probably vary.

GU 2008 CRD Patrol HAVE NONE EITHER

My Patrol from the factory does not have one either

We've had the filters fitted since shortly after delivery. We've had hardly any dust enter the cabin which is good, but the more common ailment - blue smoke from the exhaust of (name your favourite shitbox here) seems to just be attracted to it and fills the cabin, causing us to open the windows and be inundated by locusts, bees, angry wasps, smurfs on paper planes looking for another female in their species because they're tired of standing in line, flies, mosquitoes, tiny little black bugs that can never be caught, crazy actors on flying foxes, budgerigars that have had one too many sips of the bong water and migrating cicadas.

So my natural solution to this is not to drive behind a Hyundai Excel ever again. Keeps the budgies out!

On the other side of the coin I've never had an issue with them not being in. I tried a home made version which were probably more restrictive than the factory ones for a while an noticed zero difference so I removed them and have nothing in there again. You can pick them up off ebay for under $40 now but unless something major changes inside my ute I'm not overly worried about having them

My only thought is that I had Cabin Filters in a company car (Hilux) and in my wifes car (Prado). The amount of dust & bugs they caught was incredible, and on dusty tracks the interior of the Prado stays perfectly clean - not to mention the sh1t that would collect on the aircon fan and cooling element - not a huge issue though, as I suspect they still let noxious fumes from Hyundai Excels and Harbour tunnels straight through into the cabin !

My car gets dusty on the dash but all cars do that as far as I'm concerned, also got a lot to do with the fact that my car sits in the garage with atleast one window open at all times. I suffer from really bad hayfever and the so called pollen filters (in previous cars) have done very little to help with that or the dust inside the cab so for my use I think they are a waste but other peoples opinions vary.

I've never cared enough to check the farm Prado for pollen filters but if it has them I have to say they are as bad as the Nissan ones I've had in previous cars because the dust level inside that thing is as bad as the Nav.

Its just another filter to buy, But do they work ??? Keeping your your clean is up to the owner of good house keeping and keeping the windows up and with good door seals

Pollen Filters / cabin Filters

Sorry It may have been covered before how do I change the filter's in the glove box as I think the Heater is not working right due them needing yo be changed I have down loaded a Manual from an English site but it doe's not show great detail

There is a thread for the D40 filter removal but apart from a few extra descriptions it pretty much just follows the manual as far I remember.

Don't know how different the 22 is but in the 40 there is a few screws to remove from the glove box and once it's out of the way you can see the filter box. I'm sure if you do a search for pollen filter it will bring up the D40 thread and you can follow it.

Been poking around, Ryco do not list a cabin filter for the D22. They do list one for my R51 Pathfinder which would presumably be the same as a D40.

Nissan never fitted the cabin filters on my R51, or a dealer removed them at a service and did not replace them. I put some in it yesterday. In my old BA ford I noticed a fair difference. If you are stuck following a little smokey all the time, for some cars you can get an activated charcoal version that supposedly helps with fumes, but they cost more so I never tried one in my BA and there is not one listed for the R51. I did however notice the difference in how much dust used to get into the Ford. They do not fit a filter in the Falcon from the factory but they do put in a tray with a gauze in it to keep sticks and leaves and general detritus out of the heater fan.

The Ryco ones do fit both the D40 and R51 and seem to be in stock in most SCA stores. Fleetguard was the only after market filter supplier I couldn't find without a part number for cabin filters when I was doing a price compare. However if you can't buy at trade price the ebay ones are usually cheaper and they claim to be OEM, they usually pop up ever few weeks. Personally I can't see the fuss in them which is why I haven't done anything about buying them but it's a personal preference.

Sorry It may have been covered before how do I change the filter's in the glove box as I think the Heater is not working right due them needing yo be changed I have down loaded a Manual from an English site but it doe's not show great detail

It's pretty easy to do.

Empty the glovebox, undo the screws holding the glovebox in and remove it.

There'll be a rectangular cap with screws on each side on the left side - remove the screws and behind the cap will be the filters.

Can anyone tell me if my Brand new 2010 Nissan Navara ST D40 manual will have cabin filters fitted or not. Compliance plate says 01/11.I will be picking it up in approx 10days time from the dealer.

Going by previous models the answer will be no, and I haven't heard of anyone on here with a newer model finding them in theirs.

Latest posts

Back