Boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navagator

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if I could run 12psi through my turbo and what mods id have to do to achiev this

Cheers

I have an 04 dx 3ltr. 14 stock that sounds like alot

its a diesel. they can run massive boost.

THAT SAID, upping the boost on your car will almost certainly not achieve any performance gains, which is why no one does it. Diesels always have an excess of air - unlike a petrol engine they are controlled by how much fuel gets in, rather than how much air.

Oh yeah ok but what do they run stamdard tommy reakons 14 but that seems like a lot

heaps of threads on it.
run 15psi standard, tho mine peaks about 18psi due to exhaust mods. according to the manual wastegate is set to 20psi.

if you want power you need to pour in more fuel ie chip it. if you want reliable power you really need intercooler and big exhaust.

intercooler + exhaust great mods to start with..

Be wary of your snorkel though... With all the extra air going through my snorkel has become restrictive now and can hear it sucking alot of air... May do a new intake next i think to get more air through the intake..

Mine has hit 17psi since I blocked the EGR, think it must of been leaking for a while.

Oh well.

Dave.

mine zd30 with intercooler, exhaust, egr mod on a cold day can peak at 16psi. normaly i see 15psi max at 2700rpm

Yeah mine stock, havent blocked the egr valve yet (something i might get around to today) runs 15psi most of the time and peaks around 16 - 17

Navagator - If you put a 3" dump pipe and exhaust, block off the EGR and it should easily hit 18psi. Thats what mine runs at

Latest posts

Back