Blown fuse on the + terminal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy D40

Reaction score
Ive blown the 80amp built in fuse on the + cable I can not see how this is a replaceable fuse any help please... Its on a 06 d40 turbo diesel

Nah rusty, he's talking about the main alternator fuse in the fuse box. Not really something you should be stuffing around with.

I'd be pulling out the battery, unbolting the fuse holder so you can get access all round the fuse box then re-assess the situation from there. A more important question is, why did it blow in the first place?

There is a moulded plastic piece that has fuses moulded into them that bolts onto the + side of the battery all of the cars power comes out of this stupid thing. It was my fault the fuse blew when I was disconnecting the battery the spanner hit something an blew the fuse.

I know the one you mean.. it is part of the battery terminal.

Personally I would be replacing the battery terminal (and all the fuses) with an after-market one. This is on my to do list (eventually)

I think I mite have to. I put a dodgy bit of wire so I could start it but it would have sucked if I was in the middle of no where. I'm thinking putting a blob of solder in it 4 now

Fusible link. The idea behind it is to minimise the length of unfused wire, so that in a crash the fuse will blow rather than start a fire. Everything that it supplies has its own fuse, so you can plausibly bypass it without significant consequences, except that the length of unfused wire is much longer, more like a D21. Best thing to do would be to hit up Nizzbits for a replacement fuse. Until it arrives, drive it around with your workaround wiring.

Back