better throttle response

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have u bought & installed that racing meter? Is it working properly? I was under the impression that OBDII was not compatible with the D22's. If they were then u would be able to use the ScanGaugeII and I know that u can't that.....

Just curious.....

Yer the racing meter works, have tried boost, volts and coolant temp, all working, not sure on the scan gauge, never seen one, my car is 2012 so it was made in Japan, maybe has a different ECU to the Thai built ones? You would have to ask the scan gauge manufacturers.

I just received a reply from the online store I purchased it from, he said he will send the correct plug ASAP ;)

I contacted the factory in Malaysia and they said it is $100 for the correct plug or $200 for a new module and correct plug in US dollars. That is including postage.

I asked my mechanic if it would be a idea to wire it in, he said I would be better off buying the below link, It is $399

http://www.mantapro.com.au/throttlemax1.html

Last edited:
Ok have tested the boost before and after cable tying the flex in the rubber hoses, I read that if you feather the brake at 3000 revs it tests it, seems to be a fail as it drops boost pressure, when accelerating in 3rd it sits around 13 psi I think, well 13 on the gauge, then when I put the cable ties on it sat just above it. When in first gear taking off it nearly hits 15, might check for a leak :/

Anyone know a better way to test it? I have already sent off a email to try and source some better pipes ;)

Yer the racing meter works, have tried boost, volts and coolant temp, all working, not sure on the scan gauge, never seen one, my car is 2012 so it was made in Japan, maybe has a different ECU to the Thai built ones? You would have to ask the scan gauge manufacturers.

OK... I didn't realise yours was a 2.5ltr CRD.... the ZD30 is different from what I've been told

Over the this coming weekend I'm doing my exhaust and planning on installing silicone hoses to replace to rubber IC hoses. Will silicone be better than rubber at stopping the expansion?

Over the this coming weekend I'm doing my exhaust and planning on installing silicone hoses to replace to rubber IC hoses. Will silicone be better than rubber at stopping the expansion?

I think it will if it has the right amount of bands inside, I have sent a email off asking for all the options for superseded replacement hoses, my original hoses are blowing out of shape.

After playing around with them yesterday, I re tighten the hose clamps, they where a little loose, this morning I was getting 16 on the gauge before changing gears with little effort, might of been leaking ha ha

The next place I am going to ask is http://www.siliconedirect.com.au/

They have some tough hoses on there page ;)

have been noticing the same thing
my changes are a little sloppy though

would be really interested in tour outcome

Just a update, am still waiting on the correct module to arrive though I plan on installing a oil catch can and the new silicon hoses this week end, also I have had a break through on getting my wheel alignment corrected with the 2 inch lift I have ;)

Finally got my windbooster module today, have fitted it and it does the trick!! I just use the P1 setting in the mid range and it works well, I tried the P2 setting at full and it nearly peeled the tyres off so P1 mid range is enough for me, no more deceleration issues so far, easy to fit, I removed the pedal from the floor to plug it all in as I am not as special as Gumby ;)

If anyone is after one I recommend you contact - Jane Xiong at the factory in China, I was quoted $199 USD postage included valid until September 1st.
The contact email for Jane is- [email protected]

Jane is listed on the below windbooster page-

http://www.windbooster.com/contact.asp

Ill report back if I find anything else out or have something to add.

Back