best first aid course to do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good first aid course to do for our work. The boss has agreed to put us thru a first aid course and said to check out what was available.

Obviously it needs to be accredited and I would prefer something that will add to my resume long term.

I am in qld (northside of brissy).
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Thanks for the reminder, gotta redo mine.

Oh well another business expense.

Dave.

just remember whoever you use , you will need yearly refreshers to stay current.

my certification's lapsed because i dont need it on the job anymore. still, if someone went down in front of me i'd be fairly confident helping out.

St Johns should be able to help or give you the best avenue to go to.

When I was working for an electrician as a first year apprentice I was bringing home $1100 a week as I was the senior first aider on site.

But they were !@#$ wits so I left but the money was good.

Dave.

thanks for the help guys.
Booked in for a senior first aid course early next month. Boss is paying too which is handy!

Cheers
Brian

there is a remote area course you can do as an addon through st. johns, which I can highly recommend 4wd'ers should do - it moves on from the standard stuff you learn for the workplace and home and covers more advanced stuff to stabilise injuries in the event you might have to move someone or wait some time before help arrives...

there is a remote area course you can do as an addon through st. johns, which I can highly recommend 4wd'ers should do - it moves on from the standard stuff you learn for the workplace and home and covers more advanced stuff to stabilise injuries in the event you might have to move someone or wait some time before help arrives...

That is now covered in most cert 1 first aid courses now.I was a level 3 first aider through the fire brigade which is alot more involved with oxiviva and defib but you will find your Ambulance service will do a good first aid course also.cert 1 and 2 cover stabilising the victim and stabilising injuries such as snake bite,broken limbs,pressure bandages,splints and donut bandaging for petruding bones or forein objects.

thanks for the help guys.
Booked in for a senior first aid course early next month. Boss is paying too which is handy!

Cheers
Brian

Brian - thats course to do! While every state is different national standardisation in OH&S becomes mandatory by 2012. In SA, at least, we are required to ramped up our workplace First Aid by 10 Dec 2010 as part of the upcoming national standard.

That is why I was keen to get it. Was really for future job prospects I guess. No doubt QLD will be way behind in regards to our rules and regs.
I have heard about changes (QLD coming into line with southern states) but am unsure where they are at with it.

I am in the process of getting my trade too atm which is great. Hopefully the resume should look good soon!

Back