Bend in my sway bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micksnavara

Reaction score
I have bee a little concerned for a while now , I believe my factory fitted sway bar is bending out of shape, and my d22 3.otd now wanders a bit more than it should down the road.
The links pins dont sit vertical any more should i be concerned ?

My sway bar is only about 20mm think is this right ?
And where it goes through the sway bar bushes it is starting to form a Z like shape.

MMMMM What will nissan say when next get it serviced ???

Pictures as requested.

Attachments

• IMG_2113_1.jpg
    IMG_2113_1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2115_1.jpg
    IMG_2115_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 109
DIon<
Have a look at the angle difference between the entry and the exit of the sway bar bush.
I havent taken a picture of the link pins but they are leaning forward a little now.

Ditch the sway bar they are over rated in the nav my nav has 4" lift and the body roll isn't bad at al

Yeah rather than attaching, upload it to a photo hosting site like photobucket and post a link to the image here.

Have a look at the attached diagram to see what it should look like. From looking at the photo I'd say there's nothing to worry about, plus the stabilizer bar can't cause the vehicle to wander down the road, it's totally inactive until you start to get body roll in a corner. You can see what Nissan says, I'd say they'll either say the same thing, or offer to replace it for some ridiculously high price.

Attachments

• stabiliser bar.pdf
    45.6 KB · Views: 48
Back