Beeper in dashboard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe07

Reaction score
I have an 07 D40 STX Diesel. While driving with the lights on i get an intermittent beep from the dashboard and the dash lights flicker in unison with the beep. Has anybody seen this before?

If it's only happening with the headlights on it sounds a bit to me like the headlight warning circuit is being activated despite the ignition being on. Is it the same sound you get when you take the keys out of the ignition with the headlights on?

Yes its the same pitch as that beep. I would say its the same beeper. However it intermittent a bit like morse code. Not regular or continuous and might not happen for a while then starts up.

I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams or the system itself but it kind of sounds like an dicky switch or circuit which is setting off that warning circuit. Cold solder joints, bad solder joints, broken wires and anything like that could be the culprit.

Yes agreed. finding it could be major tho as it only happens with lights on and not while standing still, only when driving. I would agree that it a loose connection somewhere. Might have to wait till it falls off entirely.

Yeah it would probably be a Nissan or auto elec job unless you knew exactly where too look because you could spend hours hunting and find nothing, atleast Nissan or suitably skilled auto elec might be able to narrow it down quicker.

You might find its something like a wire thats worn thru and is earthing out on the dash. I think you might find the handbrake beep is the same . I had the wire from the handbrake to the head deck ( so you cant watch movies while driving) rub thru and so it would give off that beep.

Latest posts

Back