beaudesert exhaust muffler???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleylipus

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone is running the 2-3/4 inch beaudeasert system with no muffler?? i installed the system an im very happy with it but i wouldn't mind if it was a little louder.

cheers

A mates Patrol runs a 3 inch system with no muffler.

Its not that much louder.

Dave.

Got the same. Its not overly loud without a muffler. Certainly louder than the stock system tho

great. think ill have to take the muffler out. wish i had have known befor i bought it. might have been able to save me some money

why do we need mufflers? Its all about noise restriction. Don't have it off the top of my head, but there will be something like a 90dBA noise level for cars at the exhaust that your vehilce should be meeting. Whether your vehicle can meet the noise level requirements listed in your State with or without a muffler is dependant on what mods you've done to your vehilce, how well your engine runs. Tehre are Australian standards on the correct procedure on how to test for engine noise (e.g. set distance away from the engine or exhaust, what speed to run at and what rev range). In short no quick answer.

Cats are required in all States and Teritories.

mufflers are just for noise reduction. no muffler is required provided the exhaust system does not exeed 90db cat converters are the only part on the exhaust system that must remain if the vehicle was manufactured with one and it must be in the same or similar area where the original one was.
found a handy guide on the epa website
http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

also provides usefull info about intake systems, intercoolers and oil catch cans ect ect.

this refers to vehicles registered in victoria

so what are people payin for there exhaust i just got a full custom made 3inch turbo back no mufflers for $400

there a heap of other threads on prices of exhausts hey :) and it depends also if you go the dump pipe done $1200 for dump + pipes and mandrel bends is pretty close on average

so what are people payin for there exhaust i just got a full custom made 3inch turbo back no mufflers for $400

I just got quoted $1135 for 2.75" Beaudesert system with $155postage cost's. And was told it doesn't cost more or less for high flow muffler. But after owning a WRX i do like a little sound, so will order w/out muffler.

Im thinking $1135 is good for a trusted system so im happy.

Brett

yeah rang them today and was qouted same price,hopefully going on the nav within next 4 weeks,can't wait!!!!!!i will get one with muffler and change to straight thru if i think it needs it.

There's a link in my garage (in the under the hood text) to a short vid with the 2.75 and no muffler for anyone who wants to hear how loud it is

i recommend just getting a 3" mandrel system made with no mufflers amd get a 3" dump pipe not to loud car deffinately got a hell of a lot more down low power and is on full boost heaps quicker, i wouldnt even bother with a smaller system.

Got the same. Its not overly loud without a muffler. Certainly louder than the stock system tho

mate did you get the system fitted without muffler or take muffler off yourself,i want same system fitted but beaudesert exhaust sayin it is illegal to not have muffler.i don't really mind if i have to take it off myself but will save buggerising around if they could just fit the system with no muffler in the first place!!!

str8 thru no muffler from turbo back posted up from supplier, but I fitted it myself.... Tough bit on the ZD30s is getting the dump off the turbo as the 5 threads are very tight to the fire wall. its do-able tho. without removing the turbo...

they are covering their butts and advising you of your responsibilities. If you're happy, just advise them you are so advised and would they please fit it anyways if you can afford the costs.

BTW - its not illegal if its under the specified dB(A) rating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back