Anyone fitted safari snorkel to 09 onwards with the factory duel batts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think dave the admin mentioned that for dual battery set up you can only use oem snorkel

Ok, nah I was just wondering, because I installed mine with out knowing there would be an issue but obviously I ended up with one, but I ended up just modifying the battery mount and spinning the battery 90 degreas and it worked out pretty good, I was just wondering if anyone had done the same thing and if they figured out any other/better ways of dealing with it.

I was reading a thread on here today about someone using 65mm PVC pipe and fittings with a safari snorkel and dual batteries but he didn't have any pics and I can't remember what thread it was in...

that was me. I got my safari snorkel already on the front guard from the wreckers, but didn't have any of the ducting kit. thats why i used the pvc pipe and connected it to the original air intake that goes into the front guard. Seems to be working fine still. I was more interested in getting a black guard on my car that had not been crushed by a tree than getting a snorkel, but thats all they had in black at the wreckers. the fact that i now have a working snorkel is a bonus. Saying that if you had an 09 onwards d22 i would probably recommend the original nissan one, just for piece of mind knowing it all fit together properly.

Latest posts

Back