radio upgrade and solution for stupid rubber bonnet mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornadotruck

Reaction score
hi lads not to sure if this is the exact right place to put this let me know if i need to move it but anyway. Ive got a 2015 navara d23 and im looking to upgrade the radio to something newer if possible ive attached a photo of whats currently in there atm let me know if you know of any replacements that are just pull out put in. Also the other main thing that annoys the crap out of me, the rubber bonnet mounts under the bonnet wear down which leads to the most annoying squeak that cant be ignored no matter how loud the radio is. Ive replaced them a couple of times which is fine it last 6 months or so and then turns to shit, just wondering if anyone has discovered a more permeant solution TIA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 12.55.24 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 12.55.24 am.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Good luck on finding a replacement radio. Do the rubber seals on the bonnet dry out quickly?

It looks like a standard 7-inch double-DIN stereo. It does have a Nissan-specific plug on the rear so you'll need an adapter for any alternative you seek.

If you don't want to take it to a car stereo place who will do all the work for you, your best option is to buy a unit that uses the ISO connectors (one black, one red) and buy the adapter for Nissan->ISO and use that. Mine works a treat (although I'm not happy with my Pumpkin unit, because the asses removed BT audio so they could sell an extra widget to provide that function).

Not sure about the D23 but many a D40 have an annoying bonnet squeak which is caused by the bonnet latch. The solution being to wind a few layers of insulation tape around the bar to which the latch holds. I need to periodically replace the tape when it wears through and the squeak returns.

hi lads not to sure if this is the exact right place to put this let me know if i need to move it but anyway. Ive got a 2015 navara d23 and im looking to upgrade the radio to something newer if possible ive attached a photo of whats currently in there atm let me know if you know of any replacements that are just pull out put in. Also the other main thing that annoys the crap out of me, the rubber bonnet mounts under the bonnet wear down which leads to the most annoying squeak that cant be ignored no matter how loud the radio is. Ive replaced them a couple of times which is fine it last 6 months or so and then turns to shit, just wondering if anyone has discovered a more permeant solution TIA
Just bought a 2015 D23 and the Radio will not let me change the time . No ability to get into settings to do it. Want a device that has GPS as well as whatever is there. Mine doesnt have 6 disc player, just one only

Latest posts

Back