Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody foxes out the front of the house last night, Bloody yapping for a couple of hours driving the dogs nuts, I think its time for a cull in front of the house,

I do a fair bit of shooting just on the old mans farms mostly rabbits, foxes and roos. But get the od dog and sambar. Been shooting since i could hold a rifle. But im just starting to get right into hunting deer. Im looking at buying my first rifle soon just got to save the pennies up. Going to get a 7mm rem mag. Cant wait!:rock:

But im just starting to get right into hunting deer. Im looking at buying my first rifle soon just got to save the pennies up. Going to get a 7mm rem mag. Cant wait!:rock:

Good stuff....

i'm just swapping my deer calibur from 300WM to 45/70

45/70...bit of an oldy but puts good sized holes in deer. if my mem is right its fairly slow so your going need to get a lot closer than with the 300wm.
can be also great fun in blackpowder shoots.

I've only been a shooter for about 2yrs. Don't get out very often, but when I do get out with my mate and his old boy we mostly get foxes and rabbits.. Wouldn't mind getting some deer, goat or pig

I love my hunting. i m from sydney. we go quail shooting with the 2 english pointers out towards warren. we go for pigs goats towards nyngan and cobar.

How did you find the 300WM. Why are you swapping it. I only ask because i was tossing up between 300WM and the 7mm rem mag

I traded my 300 win mag for a 300 wsm, my win mag was heavy but the upside was the recoil wasnt bad. The wsm may kick a little more, but its so light and easy to carry all day. Have you shot a 300 or 7mm before? They do kick a bit

Had a 7mm Remington I borrowed off a mates dad and I hated it. Shot a .300 wsm and loves it, hard to get factory rounds for though.
I have no space to reload

The only Winchester ammo any
Of my rifles ave ever liked is the supreme .243 silver tips in my weatherby. Very tight to load though.
Every other rifle Has hated all types of Winchester rounds

Had a 7mm Remington I borrowed off a mates dad and I hated it. Shot a .300 wsm and loves it, hard to get factory rounds for though.
I have no space to reload

Thats why I made the comment, some people can handle the recoil better than others and the bark they make. me and a mate put a few calibers together for a new bloke to try, he wanted a deer gun after shooting 243 win 308, 300 wsm and a 7mm rem mag he went for a 308

The only Winchester ammo any
Of my rifles ave ever liked is the supreme .243 silver tips in my weatherby. Very tight to load though.
Every other rifle Has hated all types of Winchester rounds

My wsm shoots the cheaper Winchester ammo better than the dearer win ammo

image-4008850375.jpg

Not the best photo but this is my hunting ute

Used to have a 243, there a good size round, shoot everything from foxes to deer, good stopping power and next to no recoil

Back