Aerial Connection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy the Kid

Reaction score
I have just bought a DDIN head unit, XAV601BT Sony,
Will the D40 STX aerial plug straight into the unit or do I need an adaptor?
The Sony just has the standard aerial connection in the back of the unit.
I bought all the interface leads for the unit which has all the right connections.

There was talk a while ago that you needed to buy a right angle aerial connector or something similar because of the support bracket in the dash of D40's. They are a piece of piss to make yourself if I was you I'd pull the dash apart and stick the unit in place and see for yourself just what does and doesn't need adapting. Should only take 5 mins.

DDIN Unit

Thanks Krafty Ill give it a go and let you know what happens. I bought a Sony from J B Hifi their price was comparable to the Chinese units and I also bought Aero Pro interface leads because of warranty issues with the Chinese units.

I bought clarion 2 din mechless nav unit. Autobarn advised me to purchase antenna adaptor from square 2 pin plug to standard round which I did but when I removed factory stacker at already had adaptor fitted.

I just got one of the Sony XAV-601BT units as well. Will be keen to see how you go fitting the unit. Any pics will be great help.

Sony Head Unit

Trento88
Did you get the interface cables for your unit?
If not let me know and I will give you the part numbers for the Aeropro ones including the cable for the answer hang steering wheel control.
Am going to fit it Thursday week so I will post some photos after that.

I've got a D40 Rx (poverty pack) so no steering wheel controls for me haha. Looking forward to hearing how you go.

DDin Unit

I pulled the dash apart and pulled the Nissan/Clarion head unit out today, dash came out OK with a bit of force. When I get the Nissan unit out the p****ks have changed the aerial connector. It is a flat plug so i wll have to try and source an adaptor. Also there are 2 other plugs that plug into the Nissan unit. No idea what they are for!!Hopefully someone will be able to tell me.

Don't SCA sell the adapters for all units and aerials?

Depends on the model but the extra plugs could be for the steering wheel controls which weren't on the wheel until 2010 models. I don't remember seeing any extra plugs on my 09 but it's been a long time since I pulled the head unit out.

Aerial Adaptor

I will give SCA a try tomorrow. I have found a company that sells the adaptors.
EZI Auto Parts sell them if I cannot get them from SCA.

DDIN Unit

Well at last I have the Sony DDIN unit in and working fine. All the Aerpro interface leads fit and all the steering wheel controls including the phone answer hang up work OK.With the Sony XAV601Bt you have to fit their microphone for the phone for hands free, I put mine on top of the steering wheel housing. The reversing camera works when you select reverse gear and if you have a camera on your van/trailer it is just a matter of getting switch box to change to the other camera.The mirror link works with my Samsung Galaxy S111 so I don't have to run my TomTom just my phone with Google maps which is free.

Back