Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why bother paying extra for the Vortex "Premium" when the 2T does it all and then some??

Why bother paying extra for Vortex Premium when the experts say the only difference is anti foaming agent which last time I checked had bugger all ability to improve performance.

However in most servos the only price difference is if there is pumps providing both premium and standard, if only premium is available most servos don't seem to increase the price.

Said way back I was unlikely to do it but curiosity got the better of me. I know curiostiy killed the cat, just hope it doesn't kill my cat. (sorry, attempted punny humour there:)

Anyway gave it a go 300mL to one full tank. Noise wise it does make an unmistakeable difference not so much in the car but outside. Fuel consumption not the slightest change. Performance wise, I'd say the same if anything maybe not quite as good but that could be my imagineation.

Does make you wonder what is going on in there when running 2 stroke in the fuel. The fuel viscosity can't be changing enough to make a difference in that way, so some wierd effect on the combustion.

Long story short won't be adding 2 stroke in the future.

Hot off the press.....

heard some revelations the other day that not only is 2T beneficial to all the above ailments...BUT...

also adding 2T to the eng oil is a fix for stopping premature wear to the YD25 timming set....

The mighty NAVARA is truly bulletproof now..:tazzy::tazzy::tazzy:

Hot off the press.....

heard some revelations the other day that not only is 2T beneficial to all the above ailments...BUT...

also adding 2T to the eng oil is a fix for stopping premature wear to the YD25 timming set....

The mighty NAVARA is truly bulletproof now..:tazzy::tazzy::tazzy:

Im guessing you have solid evidence to prove this??? :yeahright:

I don't have the figures at hand right now, but I have done some testing with quite a few tank fulls.
I do about 1200kms a week. I was putting in about 100ml per alternate tank full.
I did notice a slight benefit in fuel consumption - no enough to justify the cost of the oil alone, but ...
I did notice a slight improvement in performance, especially at higher revs and higher speeds, gave better acceleration when at 100-110kph. I think the oil helps the fuel burn hotter and likes a hotter engine to get the most out of it.
I also noticed a quieter engine, especially during cold start ups in winter, when I take off out the drive. I like the sound of a diesel engine but everyone' happy when I'm not waking the neighbours leaving for work.
I was using Jaso-FC. I did try Jaso-FD once, but at considerably more expense, could not justify it at all - acutally, I didn't like the FD much.
I have not used any 2T oil for a while, but intend to again.
My only concern and unknow effect is the build up on the DPF (emissions filter).
I've got the figures in a spread sheet, will dig them out if anyone wants to see them.

How does two stroke oil in a combustion camber make a timing gears outside a combustion chamber last longer :/?

That is an interesting read. 2% soybean biodiesel improves the lubricity THAT much?

That's quite surprising. It wouldn't cause clogging that Nissan are so concerned about either (fatty deposits, half-eaten chiko rolls blocking the pump etc). It would be interesting to see that test done with a selection of fuels available at our bowsers and performed blindly again.

Notice the 2-stroke they used - SuperTech outboard 2T oil. I've done some searching on it and it's supposed to exceed all of the JASO standards, they even call it "ashless" (JASO-FC is very low ash, JASO-FD is ultra-low ash).

The biodiesel beats the shit out of the 2T.

So, I think the next thing to do is go find me some biodiesel.

And no, not from the local bloody fisho!

That is an interesting read. 2% soybean biodiesel improves the lubricity THAT much?

That's quite surprising. I

Notice the 2-stroke they used - SuperTech outboard 2T oil. I've done some searching on it and it's supposed to exceed all of the JASO standards, they even call it "ashless" (JASO-FC is very low ash, JASO-FD is ultra-low ash).

The biodiesel beats the shit out of the 2T.

SO.....does this prove adding 2T is an overrated waste of time and money.

No more than adding other mid-range additives (although some additives made things worse!).

I wouldn't mind seeing some more testing, but I do know that 2T does make my injectors a little quieter. I really want to put a 2% (3L in my tank) mix of biodiesel in and see what it does.

The problem is that biodiesel manufacturing techniques may differ and soybean might produce a different biodiesel to other products, so we can't be sure that we're going to get the same result from stuff here in Australia as they did in that test.

My thinking is that as long as I steer clear of the deep-fryer, things should be ok, and if not, I pay for the repairs and post up the results here. If it works better than 2T, that's great - because 2T is far more expensive too.

SO.....does this prove adding 2T is an overrated waste of time and money.

Not really, test showed it brought lubricity back up to acceptable levels, and had highest score out of any of the tested additives that we can get in aus.

Ok believers, this PDF which shows lubricity results (unproven) to a variety of products, may well be the real deal...tho keep in mind that "the deisel place" is a forum, unlike ours here and not a scientific test lab.

Also, apart from the "test results" on improved or not, lubricity...WHERE are the absolute, conclusive varified results that 2T or any additive is in anyway beneficial to our modern deisel engines???? and particularly in the way that many on here have reported.

The results are unproven and the entire document could be fabricated by someone that wants us to try 2-stroke in our fuel and watch as our engines detonate at 100km/h - but I doubt it. For one, I've used 2-stroke oil in my fuel on several occasions. Secondly, they're saying they get better results from biodiesel, so if there's a barrow to be pushed that's the one I'd be suspecting!

I'm sure I picked up some biodiesel at Kings Creek Station in central Aus too. It was the best damn tank of fuel I've ever put in the car!

Not sure I like the local option at Maitland. Used cooking oil ... hmm, chicky nuggets in my filter! I'll give that one a miss. Smorgon Fuels makes the only one that doesn't make me think my car will get blocked arteries, but driving to Melbourne for a tank of fuel ... sure, I can do that on one tank, but it's not a worthwhile exercise!

guys, I would not Biodiesel in my wheelbarrow. We have had not end of trouble of injectors failing in isuzu powered excavators. When ever we replace injection components we take fuel samples before and after the fuel filters. These samples are tested and often when injectors have failed quickly traces of biodiesel is found. Less than 1,500 engine hours. Injectors should last at least 6,000hours.

I use to work for a guys who run a fleet of caterpillar powered kenworths, with ever tank of fuel he put one lt of engine oil in the tanks. He the never had a failed injector but did change the out at 800,000kms or around four years.

VBsteve.

Back