ABS light on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for not getting it all, after watching the cell that hit Melb go south east another one developed over Gippsland. Nav was safe from the hail in the garage although the garage wasn't safe from all the rain. Never seen so much rain as we had in 20 mins. I spent 40 mins stopping the patio from flooding into the garage but then spent 3 hours drying out my bros shed. Couldn't even see the neighbours place across the road during the peak of the storm now all the roads are covered in crap and the rain still hasn't stopped, atleast we don't have any more hail though.

/end off topic

i was out shooting tonite and my abs light came on in low range, drove a bit and stopped the engine at a gate and turned it back on and its gone, any ideas on that? was pretty rugged country to say the least lol had sticks bouncin up underneath and bouncing over rocks but didnt bottom out or anything

hey you probably buggered up ur cables out at olloera trip lol...pretty sure mine was triggered by abs cable splice on rear drivers side...i patched it and the intimittant abs light slowly disappeared...hadnt had sissue since. could also clean all 4 abs sensors...just a 10mm bolt easy stuff

also try and remove the ABS fuse (engine bay NOT cabin) and lock it in 4x4?
dont forget to put it back in after testing it

mine came on again a while ago, disconnected both batteries and all good now, been about 2 months

After 5 months in the workshop my ABS light fault (and non 4wd activation) was found out to be............. faulty rear abs sensors-funny they didnt check these five bloody months ago. Apparently the rear diff seals had gone and contaminated the sensors hence faulty activism and all other electronics playing up Fortunately my warranty runs out next months and it was all done under warranty.

Cool thanks guys I have cleaned my rear sensors and inspected the cables ( all clear ) now it's just the front I need to get the disc of to Check it out so of to supercheap on the weekend to get a socket big enough. And yeh good old ollera :( so depressing my 4x4 won't engage Anymore

Lets say someone who use to own a dog chewed the cable for the rear right hand ABS sensor and the abs light came on. I have potentially fixed the cable but the light has not extinguished.
Should the light go out on its own or do you have to clear the fault using a tool or procedure????

I ripped my front one when i did my first lift.soldered and srink wrapped it and the computer was happy..i only found it after the light came on..

You could try resetting the system and see if that fixes it. What if there's more damage, like the wire was loosened inside the ABS unit itself? That would be a more tricky repair.

If your dog is anything like mine there may have been some voilent headshaking and growling while it was having a chew......i cannot recall if i did a reset with mine think i just turned off.fixed the problem and turned back on again.reset or battery disconnect is probably the go...

Yerh good call camo.b, I priced a new one from nissan. $330, and he even said he was doing me a good deal...lol So I think its off to find one at a wreckers...

All fixed. It ended up being the sensor cable.
I ordered one from Niss4x4, next day delivery, removed the broken one and measured the resistance, 1.3 ohms, thought thats not bad. Measured the wreckers one and got 20M ohms???
So I installed it any way, put a little grease on the sensor. Started car. ABS light remained on, went for a drive and with in 10 meters the ABS light extinguished.
Any one like to coment why so high resistance???

dont know but the patrol's are the same aswell they even have the exact same plug.

Latest posts

Back