A general Rant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpy

Reaction score
Well after buying my d40 king cab which i am more than happy with, the Girlfriend said well if you get to come home with a new car i can too. So she went out and planed to trade in her holden crewman which we bought from her old boss last year on a nissan pathfinder because since the navara was such a good car and great on the beach she was converted too nissan plus of my old or shall i say 2008 patrol ute which i traded the for the navara. On trading the crewman they did a revs check and turns out that her old boss owes more than 6 grand on the crewman we transfered the rego and everything into our name and thought that we could trust someone enough to pay the rest off not too mention her old boss who use to pay her wages, who is now not answering our phone calls.

Any advice that dosn't involve bikie gangs and broken legs would be awsume.

Nissan navara D40 with all the extras and more too come

I dunno broken legs seem to fit the bill for such an act. Not really sure about the bikies those guys tend to have better things to do these days than rough handle civilians that haven't done them wrong directly.

Has the ex boss disappeared of the face of the earth or is the phone the only way you've tried to contact him?

There are plenty of ways to find people who don't answer phones however most of them cost money. There are agencies in the phone book who find people who owe money but the charges might be high if it's a difficult find. A standard debt collector usually doesn't charge that much if you have an address they can send a letter too.

But legally I think you'll find you brought the debt when you brought the car so the law may not be on your side. Welcome to the forums anyway

yeah we know where he lives and where his business is but we are looking at civil charge against him, we where speaking to a mate who is a land solicitor and he said the only thing wrong is we didn't follow him to the bank to make sure he paid the remainder off the car. but it is a lessoned learn and hope if other people read this that they don't fall into the same trap that we did.

Cant really help mate as I have never been in the situation before but I wish you good luck.

Might be an idea to talk to a solicitor.

Dave.

Did u know he owed money on it when u bought it?

A mate of mine got burnt for $80 grand when he bought a telecom/data business.
The guy didnt disclose unpaid bills and subby wages,and now my mate is stuck with the debts...
Payback is being worked on as we speak...

Naaa didn't realise it until we tried to trade the car in, he told us that there was no debt owed to the car

Naaa didn't realise it until we tried to trade the car in, he told us that there was no debt owed to the car

Unfortunatelly you should have done a vehicle status check on line.
It shows if any money is owed etc..
trust no one in the future,you got to look after no1...yourself..
good luck

Unfortunatelly you should have done a vehicle status check on line.
It shows if any money is owed etc..
trust no one in the future,you got to look after no1...yourself..
good luck

Agreed, doing a REVS online is easy as, and for a few dollars you even get a certificate which can be used to stop the repo man from coming around late at night and demanding the keys.

Normally if you buy a car with finance on it you have to make out 2 cheques but as the prick lied to you and said it was clear title you may be able to lay charges against him.
Has the finance company been in contact with you or not.If they come to repo the car try and get a court order that it can't be touched untill the matter is sorted out.
The finance company should take him to court for selling a vehicle with out being paid out.
He may be able to be charged with theft or fraud

Latest posts

Back