80 Series Airbox - Installion Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderss

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've bought myself an 80 Series airbox to replace my standard airbox on my QD32. I've had a brief look today and it seems to me they're a lot harder to fit than first impressions... So my question is, how are these fitted? Any advice, pictures of set ups, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
I also have a snorkel fitted if that makes any difference

Doug696 fitted one to his QD32 as well as a 2.5inch exhaust. It seems to fit well and goes great. He may see this post and be able to help.
Cheers

Meanwhile heres some ideas http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=1942&highlight=series

It will take a bit of creativity and backyard engineering.

I welded a 3" pipe to the intake on mine which was tricky gettin thick round pipe to go with thin wall square opening. Others use the lid from the diesel version.

And cut off all the mounts and used a couple of these directly into existing captive nuts under the air box.
2pcs-m6-thread-dia-double-studs-rubber-vibration-mount-isolator-damper-20mmx15mm-99affe63be701c906a510480fb8c9c2f.jpg

not a qd32 though.

Meanwhile heres some ideas http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=1942&highlight=series

It will take a bit of creativity and backyard engineering.

I welded a 3" pipe to the intake on mine which was tricky gettin thick round pipe to go with thin wall square opening. Others use the lid from the diesel version.

And cut off all the mounts and used a couple of these directly into existing captive nuts under the air box.
2pcs-m6-thread-dia-double-studs-rubber-vibration-mount-isolator-damper-20mmx15mm-99affe63be701c906a510480fb8c9c2f.jpg

not a qd32 though.

Thanks for the link!

Yeah I thought it may have needed that once I tried to fit it myself on the weekend haha

Sounds like that would have worked well! Luckily I bought a diesel upper and lower airbox. I'd like to avoid cutting all the mounts off if it was possible, I'd prefer it to just bolt straight in but that may prove difficult by the sounds of it. Thank you for the advice, greatly appreciated!

hey anderss, sorry for the late reply, i havn't been home [working away] and stuffed something up trying to get on after hj contacted me. my set up is not all the way to the front it's back a little so i could use some captive nuts and made some brackets out of flat bar to pick up the brackets on the box, i had to bend 1 of the brackets up but i still used it by fasioning a bracket to catch it, i also used some rubber under the box to stop it rattling, a bit of silicone helps to keep it in place, you've probably already installed it but if not i hope this helps

hey anderss, sorry for the late reply, i havn't been home [working away] and stuffed something up trying to get on after hj contacted me. my set up is not all the way to the front it's back a little so i could use some captive nuts and made some brackets out of flat bar to pick up the brackets on the box, i had to bend 1 of the brackets up but i still used it by fasioning a bracket to catch it, i also used some rubber under the box to stop it rattling, a bit of silicone helps to keep it in place, you've probably already installed it but if not i hope this helps
Thanks heaps mate! This will be quite helpful in helping me fit mine! I havent actually fitted it yet because I thought I may as well do it the same time I put my turbo and intercooler in so shes all brand done and dusted in one go! Thank you again vor your help, greatly appreciated mate

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Back