80 series air box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleylipus

Reaction score
picked up an 80 series airbox today and started my 80 series airbox fit up..
06052011076.jpg

06052011077.jpg

the bottom is from the petrol model and i belive the lid is from a diesel. i chose this combination because it had down facing brackets, the intake pipe points directly to the snorkel pipe. the lid also has the right sized pipe to fit directly to the intake hose on the turbo.

this is where the airbox will sit. i have cut off 2 of the brackets and will relocate them. beeing a welder by trade that wont be a problem.
06052011078.jpg

i will relocate one bracket to fit up to this hole in the engine bay
06052011080.jpg

and i will extend this bracket to reach down to this hole just behind the headlight
06052011082.jpg

This is on my todo list just can't get an air box in Portland

next id like to shift the diesel filter to the opposite side to free up enough space for a second battery and possably an air compressor.

yup southern 4x4 is where i picked this one up from. they have a whole pallet full of landcruiser air box's just gotta find one that suits.

boost controller. waist of time i reckon. gives you more boost but only up past the 3000 rev range. i have tuned it back to stock for the moment untill i finish my airbox and snorkel upgrade and fit my intercooler then i will adjust it and see if it picks up boost any quicker. its also supposed to eliminate waistgate creep. which i think it the waist gate creping open early as boost builds up instead of just snapping open when the boost reaches the set pressure..

ah yeah cool, yeah that makes sense, wastegate would be closed until pretty high revs anyway.
ive also got a full exhaust and the 80 series airbox and snorkel, to get more low end power i reckon do egr mod(uve done it allready), block the swirl v/v vacuum line and get a chip, made a huge difference!

egr done, swirl valve done. will look into getting a chip done in the future. big money though.. attempted to weld the brackets on the airbox this arvo. borrowed the arc from work... wow. the metal is thinner than i expected. will have to take it to work and use the mig.. it'll hold for now

Thanks guys I'll give both places a ring and see if they will send one down to me

egr done, swirl valve done. will look into getting a chip done in the future. big money though.. attempted to weld the brackets on the airbox this arvo. borrowed the arc from work... wow. the metal is thinner than i expected. will have to take it to work and use the mig.. it'll hold for now

you could get a second hand chip... got mine for about 650 (d tronic) with all the other stuff youve done it will make a very noticable difference, deffo worth it!!

you won't get much, if any, gain from just turning up the boost anyway, you really need a chip to make more power (chips increase the fueling, more fuel = more power)

Hi,
I see by your photos here you are running a 80 series air cleaner box on your d22. I own a 92 d21 navara and I'm running an aftermarket turbo and a pod filter that was already fitted when i purchased the 4wd. I've just purchased a snorkel and wanting to remove my pod filter.Do you think a 80 series air box will do the same job for my modification.
Regards nissan navara.

picked up an 80 series airbox today and started my 80 series airbox fit up.. the bottom is from the petrol model and i belive the lid is from a diesel. i chose this combination because it had down facing brackets, the intake pipe points directly to the snorkel pipe. the lid also has the right sized pipe to fit directly to the intake hose on the turbo.
I have the same base, did it fit with the drain plug?
Water catch?

Latest posts

Back