5" calmini lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't that mean GST on what's above the $1000? i.e. $450 plus GST. whats the import duty? I've had stuff sent from US before but never had to pay that....??

eBay Australia Guides - The A-Z of Importing into Australia. Duty GST Customs

What to do if your goods are stopped by Customs
In most cases goods purchased on eBay are shipped via EMS (Express Mail Service). Once your goods arrive in Australia you will receive in the mail an “Australia Post Arrival Notice”.

Once you receive this notice you have two options, you can have a Customs Broker clear the goods for you (See Section III) or you can clear the goods yourself (see Section IV).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Section II - Import Duty / Import GST / Import Tax and Customs Charges
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

1) Which goods are subject to Customs Import Duty/GST?

You will be charged Import Duty/GST if your goods meet EITHER of the following:

a) Have a value over AUD $1,000; OR
b) Contain Alcohol or Tobacco of any quantity or value.

If your goods are valued UNDER AUD$1,000 and DO NOT contain Alcohol or Tobacco then you will not be required to pay any Customs Import Duty/GST or associated Customs charges.

2) How is Customs Import Duty / Import GST calculated?

Duty is calculated as a percentage of the price you paid for goods (aka the Customs Value - CV). Depending on the product, the applicable duty rate can be anywhere from 0% to 10%, however the majority of goods attract a 5% duty rate.

GST is calculated at 10% of the Value of the Taxable Import (VoTI). The VoTI is calculated by the addition of the Customs Value (CV) PLUS the Duty PLUS the value of the International Transport and Insurance (T&I).

An example of how the duty and GST is calculated on goods valued at AUD$1,500 which attract a 5% duty rate would be:

If the Customs value (CV) of imported Goods = $1,500.00
Then the Customs Duty @ 5% of the $1,500 (CV) = $75.00 (Payable)
Assuming the international transport and insurance (T&I) = $125.00
Then the VoTI = (CV) + Duty + (T&I) = $1,700.00
GST = 10% of the VoTI = 10% x $1,700 = $170.00 (Payable)
Therefore the Total Duty plus GST payable = $245.00

Sure does sound strange. Oh well, another thing to change... I thought these were supposed to be good cars? From what I am being told doesn't sound impressive at all. :(

iv had my truck since it first came out 2006 (175000km)...nothing wrong for me. u hear more bad stuff than good stuff...navaras are pretty good mate...every car has its up n downs

the hilux has had a recall for the shitty tail shaft brackets.. and soon to be recalled for the turbo...however since its not really life threating toyota will try and avoid the recall

Back